Wet Masks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyMadison

Reaction score
I've searched and searched all across this forum and I still haven't found a good wet mask starting point. In my market research dry vs. wet mask, dry lost 100% of the time in my target market. No matter what the benefits are, no matter how natural, even after use was demonstrated, my market just doesn't care for dry masks. Mostly the reasons are things like "i can buy a premade mask" "parabens don't irritate my skin that much to use a dry mask vs wet," ect.

That leaves me with the option of cutting one of my product sets, "Ultimate Spa" which features a mask or formulating a wet mask. Since the Ultimate Spa good such great feedback, I really want to formulate a wet mask. I've never preserved anything with clay or really anything like this. Is it any different? Has anyone formulated a successful wet mask? Can you show me a starting place, info to read about, or just anything at all before i fly into this blindly?!

I've successfully made wet clay masques, but never got past the experimental stage, too many other things to make on my list. Those i made a year ago are still fine, no mold, no drying, no problems i can discern.

In one i used Dead Sea mud, organic dark chocolate, floral water, honeyquat, green tea extract, essential oils and NeoDefend as preservative.

Curious about MMS hydrovance. it's urea, which i'm not crazy about, so haven't tried it. Lotioncrafter carried it at one time, but no longer sells it, and I wonder why. here's Swifty's post: http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2 ... ry_27.html

Latest posts

Back