went shopping...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angbaby4974

Reaction score
Went shopping at SOS..
Alien Thierry Mugler (W)
Fresh Cut Roses Yankee Candle
Fresh Cut Roses Yankee Candle
Jasmine & Mimosa
Juniper Breeze (BBW)
Light Blue D&G (W)
Midsummers Night Yankee Candle
Liquid SilkBase

Also ordered a liquid concentrate sampler from TKB
from their site:
This sampler is designed for soap and toiletry crafters. It includes 1/2 fluid ounce of 20 different liquid color concentrates. These 20 different colors give you a good, basic "blending" set of colors to work with. The assortment includes pure dyes and pure pigments, both cosmetic grade and non-cosmetic grade, as follows:

Bright Red, Bright Yellow, Warm Yellow, Bright Blue, Tomato Red, Teal Blue (cosmetic dyes)

Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Pink, Black Oxide, White, Red Oxide, Yellow Oxide, Kelly Green, Teal Green(cosmetic pigments)

Neon Purple, Neon Pink, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Green (non-toxic, non-cosmetic pigments)

Pearl White (shimmery mica)

Our color concentrates are pigments or dyes dispersed in vegetable glycerine. 1/2 fl.oz. of color will shade approximately 12 pounds of soap to a medium shade.

Can't wait to get it all in...

The Light Blue D&G (W) is great! Please let me know how you like the Junipe breeze & the angel.

Glad to know someone else has used Light Blue. I've smelled a lot of dupes of it that were nothing like it. I ordered Alien, not Angel, I love Alien, not so much on the Angel. But I will def let you know how they are!

Reviews as promised. For the scents that I have only used in M&P, I will update with the results for CP in a few days. I will be making those & a few others today 8)

OK, so far I have soaped:

Scent: D&G Light Blue
OOB: Very close to original scent, perhaps a little to much "green" in the topnotes
Process: Crock Pot HP
Results:
no discoloration, smelled horrible during the process, but has since mellowed out & smells pretty true to the original scent.

Scent: Alien Theirry Mugler
OOB: Strong, heady scent, MUCH stronger than the original scent, almost too heavy.
Process M&P, Liquid Silk Base, Lotion Bar
Results: OMG I love this one...very true to the original, didn't mix as well as I would have liked in the Liquid Silk base, was great in the M&P & lotion bars.

Scent: Mid Summer's Night Yankee Candle
OOB: Strong, masculine scent. nothing like the original, very heavy ginger scent.
Process: CP with gel
Results: I was concerned about the very dark color of this oil turning the batter brown, but I had only slight discoloration (a very creamy color, not quite white). Did not accelerate trace, does not smell exactly like the original, but is a great "manly" scent.

Scent: Juniper Breeze BBW Type
OOB: Strong, close to original, if I remember correctly.
Process: M&P
Results: Smells great! Very much like the original, a great clean scent, not flowery or fruity, not manly or feminine. Everyone in the house loves this one!

Scent: Japanese Cherry Blossom BBW Type
OOB: Nice, flowery, light yet exotic.
Process: CP no gel
Results: lost much of the scent during the process. Has a light powdery floral scent. Did not accelerate trace, nor discolor.

Scent: Fresh Cut Roses Yankee Candle Type
OOB: Smells EXACTLY like the original.
*Haven't soaped this one yet.*

Scent:Jasmine & Mimosa
OOB: Wonderful Jasmine scent. Reminds me of warm summer nights. Smells very much like Yankee Candle's Night Blooming Jasmine.* Haven't soaped this one yet.*

Keep checking back, I will update this as soon as get the others soaped!

Thanks for the reviews! It's always nice to know how they soap.....and now I have more to add to my wish list!

*UPDATE*
So I soaped Alien RTCP, & it seized! Tried increasing the water amount, & it seized again. If you use this I suggest soaping VERY cool, like cooler than room temp with NO water discount. It smells wonderful, but beware of the seizures! Also soaped the Juniper Breeze CP, it got very thick very fast, but not so fast I had to glob it in the mold. By the time I added my swirl color to the mold it was extremely thick & the swirl wasn't truly attainable, but I did manage an awesome textured top. I'll post some pics up in the gallery ;)

Another update

I made a 100% OO Castile with a 33% lye solution tonight using the Jasmine Mimosa. I chose the OO since it is slow to trace. Stick blended til just emulsified, separated a small bit out for swirl, added color to both parts, then added FO to larger portion. Glad I decided to use my wire whisk instead of the SB. It traced quickly, and I probably would have had SOS had I stick blended it. It was still pourable, but made the swirling almost un-doable.

Back