Well, that was fun. But I'm glad it's over!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deda what an inspiring video I so hear you on the website thing I am soooo slack in that department and realise this is what I need to develop if I wish to do more soaping and less nursing.
Great vid so relaxed and natural............Im going to put your small town on my wishlist of places to visit oneday :0)

That was fantastic! I agree with everyone else about you being so natural on camera. You had so much info, too. Very well done and I'm glad you had this opportunity. :D

Wow that's awesome, very inspiring vid. It's also nice to see someone I know is real (if that makes sense?) because I sometimes wonder if people are actors but this is real achievement and great to know things are possible :D

You all just really made my day!

I've got to tell you, I was super afraid of the real me being ALL OUT THERE. But, well folks, that's me.

It was also 100 degrees, and I had to turn off the dehumidifier and air conditioner for the whole shoot. Background noise...

Also, I was wearing gloves and goggles for the first couple hours, but it was so hot and sticky that I finally just shed the safety for comfort and wouldn't you know - 6 hours of tape and they choose the minute I wasn't dressed like an astronaut! Those lights are HOT.

If you watch the video you'll see a young girl in a shop, Whimsical Gallerie, that's my son's girlfriend, and he's in the background. The people at the market are my real customers, they were great sports about being filmed!

All in all it was a blast, the Exec Dir of Historic Manassas, the Mayor and Vice Mayor were there, along with just about every other person I know. I could so get used to be followed around and treated like a diva :)

Hazel said:
Maybe you should change your username to "Diva". :lol:
<--- Hazel, you're brilliant! DONE.

I'll change it back soon enough, like the next time I'm ready to tear my hair out because I've got too much work and not enough time...

That sounds like just a great experience, those you have only a few in life. Great job, you do look so natural.....and now I'm going to order my tank, which I was planing to do 2 weeks ago !!! I'm still not sure 1 inch or larger????

Really great video, Deda!! I also loved seeing your workspace. I think it's amazing you have a business doing what you obviously love to do. It was fun watching you mix the colors, and the camera does love you. Makes me want to go make some soap.

Oh My Goodness!!!!! I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you!!!!!
Congrats to you and your global business!!!!!!

I thought it was over, but I guess not. I was asked to be on hand for a symposium today for Intuit, Score, Google and a bunch of other techie companies. It was all good until I was standing there at the presser watching the Governor of Virginia and the CEO of Google shake hands right next to a poster of me with a big ole goofy grin. I almost threw up.

They offered many seminar focus groups and each one started with 'my' video. ::gulp::

Deda said:
I thought it was over, but I guess not. I was asked to be on hand for a symposium today for Intuit, Score, Google and a bunch of other techie companies. It was all good until I was standing there at the presser watching the Governor of Virginia and the CEO of Google shake hands right next to a poster of me with a big ole goofy grin. I almost threw up.

They offered many seminar focus groups and each one started with 'my' video. ::gulp::

Oh my gosh Deda!!! That is AMAZING!!!

Scary as $(&* but AMAZING!

Can I give two thumbs up for a really nice job. I wish I could soap for a living but hubby so not going for it. It was nice of your customers to be good sports about being extras in your video.

I'm sure you are so proud! I am proud of you! You're so articulate and natural. An inspiration :D

Thanks so much! I'm overwhelmed by all the positive responses!

You can find my shop through my blog, I don't specifically link to it through the forum.

Latest posts

Back