Weird things on the INCI list

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I love my DH 99% of the time but sometimes I wonder... He likes to Google things on my cell phone and then leave them there for me to open up and see. Well today was a Google for cat poop. When I opened my phone, it opened to this Wikipedia article. Eww: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

I told him in the end if I wanted to see cat poop I would just go peek into the litter boxes. Men...

Bwhahaha that's gold! I might start doing that to my hubby's phone.

The look on the poor farmers face is killing me. Every single day, nothing but caffeinated cat poop. Even he looks like he's holding the turd mix up and going "seriously?" Must remember the name Kopi Luwak and make sure to never, ever imbibe.

I did a bit of hunting in the UK, so have no problems preparing animals for eating.

I once sorted out a Hare and my house mate asked me where the fillet comes from. She got rather freaked out when I put her cat on its side on my lap and showed her where the various cuts come from.........................

When I was a first responder I was also the trainer so I made a bunch of teaching aids. To say the least they were gory, but necessary.

This reminds me of medic training when I was in the military. The first day they showed us movies of bullet wound surgery. Several didn't make it through that day.
Injections? They had us practicing on one another. Scary. :shock:
The good ole days.

You should have seen the reactions from the team the first time I pulled them out to train them with.... ROFL

Last edited:
I am the practice manager for the orthopedic surgeon, and every so often I get curious about procedures that he performs. Note to self, never ever look them up on YouTube.

:think: now I want to look them up......

speaking of which, I used to watch "Operation" on TLC when that show used to be on. I remember watching a knee replacement surgery. I was not grossed out at all.....that should have been a clue that I should have gone to medical school......

So. Chicken heads no. But chicken EGGS yes? Think about chicken eggs. Eggs.

Just checking.

I make no judgements about what others eat. I am Scottish, we have haggis. All cultures and ethnic groups have a variety of interesting food ideas, blutwurst, haggis, hotdogs just to name three. And for me here is the kicker, generally we don't eat dogs (co-evolutionary species and all) but other animals are just fine to eat? I eat meat I know where it comes from and I don't fool myself but it is a hypocrisy of mine.

Here's my sick logic .. chicken heads are staring back at me and might start talking back at any minute, eggs are cracked open and I eat the part that doesn't touch the delivery chute, LOL!!! (but I suppose it's the bit inside that you're talking about)

hmmm .. what's odd to eat that's truely Canadian vs brought to Canada by immigrants? When I was in the far north the Inuit showed me how they eat ... Ummm ... nose and warbles. I'll leave you all to gag on that thought for a minute. I don't think it's a distinctly Canadian gross-os-ity, I'm sure other cultures eat them too.

I will proudly admit to having eaten NEITHER of those and don't plan on it either.

Ever clean a flounder? Both of those eyes staring up at you and the mouth gasping and suddenly WHACK! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Get beyond that and they are yummy with crab stuffing or marinate in milk, garlic and lemon juice for 24 hrs before frying or baking. Oh my. Add a few good hush puppies and you'll put that immediate free pass into heaven on hold until you're finished.

Just checking.

I make no judgements about what others eat. I am Scottish, we have haggis. All cultures and ethnic groups have a variety of interesting food ideas, blutwurst, haggis, hotdogs just to name three. And for me here is the kicker, generally we don't eat dogs (co-evolutionary species and all) but other animals are just fine to eat? I eat meat I know where it comes from and I don't fool myself but it is a hypocrisy of mine.

I won't argue with the hypocrisy point- we are all guilty. The truth is I have to NOT think about the meat I am eating, or I would be a vegetarian today- not because of a moral standpoint, but because of the idea of WHAT I am eating. Years ago I tried lamb for the first time. I chewed, and chewed, and chewed, and chewed (you get the point). I couldn't make that bite go down because I kept thinking of Mary had a little lamb and cute little white sheep....
Cheers!
Anna Marie

I'm a hypocrite too. I am a total animal lover and yet I am a meat eater. I too cannot think about what I am eating or I too would be a vegetarian but I don't like vegetables enough and I prefer my food to be less processed then tofu... okay I admit that one grosses me out.

Lindy, don't think of it that way. if you find meat that's been raised humanely, the animal has had an amazing life, never been hungry, was able to be outdoors, enjoy the sunshine, and had one bad day to be dinner. I love animals too, and to me, a good life and quick death is always better than those who weren't ever able to do the things they were made to do (think CAFOs). anyway.....that's just IMO.

Not everyone has that hypocrisy ;) That hypocrisy is why I became a vegetarian. I didn't feel right picking and choosing what animals I thought were ok to eat, so I decided to stop eating all animals. Most people stare back at me with confusion though after asking why I'm a vegetarian and getting that response.

Oh, and I'm a pro-hunting vegetarian. For reasons like neeners was just saying, they have much better quality of life than factory farmed meat. Not to mention that it also helps the animals in cases like deer where we stole their habitat and they would overpopulate and eat all their food and then dye a much more horrible death (not to mention both deer and human deaths increasing with things like car accidents...) if we didn't. Of course I'd prefer that we didn't continue to steal their habitat :(

Ever clean a flounder? Both of those eyes staring up at you and the mouth gasping and suddenly WHACK! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Get beyond that and they are yummy with crab stuffing or marinate in milk, garlic and lemon juice for 24 hrs before frying or baking. Oh my. Add a few good hush puppies and you'll put that immediate free pass into heaven on hold until you're finished.

I'm coming to your house for dinner!!!!!!!!!

hmm .. I grew up learning to respect the animals that blessed our table. They were slaughtered in the quickest, most humane manner possible. On our small farm all the animals were known personally and had names. It wasn't "what" was for dinner, it was "who" was for dinner.

I still prefer my food that way. Grocery store meat is a sad reflection of farming and the animals are treated horribly. I'll pay more to the small farm any day over the grocery store.

Latest posts

Back