weight loss 2008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt want to change what I eat.. just eat less of what Im eating..
I hate changing to "diet"...
I think if I change a few things... I will be ok..

I like water, but water dont like me, i drink it but it like sits on my tummy and it makes me feel sick, I have to sip it all day long and I dont think I get my water in, and I think it is cheating if i add flavors ....need to change my thinking....in alot of aeras........I dont drink doda, or coffee or tea

Hey everyone, I've been reading this thread and have to say you guys are hilarious. I love it :lol: . I need to do the whole body toning thing myself. My goal is 149 lbs and to tonne my mid section. I try to stay away from the scale just because there comes a point when you lose fat and build muscle mass and muscle weighs more than fat.

The holidays haven't been kind to me. I've still got so much chocolate in the house.

Shannon, I agree with not changing what you eat. That's just setting yourself up for frustration. Maybe tweaking what you eat will help. Use less oil when cooking. When eating a salad use a low fat vinegarette as opposed to milk/cream based dressing, increase water and fibre, etc.

My biggest problem is getting moving. I live out in the middle of nowhere and now I don't have a vehicle to get out. I have an exercise machine, but that's so boring. I would love to go swimming. That really burns the calories and is easier on your joints than running or power walking.

Okay I've chattered enough.

Hey Pink! Thanks!
I dont want to change because I will begin to miss my food and go back to it.
In my culture, eating healthy wasnt the best thing LOL

I mean fried chicken, collard green, macaroni and cheese, fried catfish, with corn bread.. and either sweet potato pie or peach cobbler..
The list can go on.

And if you go to someones house and they offer food, you cant say no. Its an insult! SO!

I will eat less stuff.. I cant stand Vingerettes! EEWWW!
But I will give it a try!

Today, I am going to work on the water. I started my grocery list.
Safeway has a sale on water 2/$7.00 pk of 24.

I am going to go shopping on tuesday morning
Why tuesday?
Because everyone is sleep! And not in the grocery stores! LOL

I've learned to love water too, even the taste of it. We have UV filtered well water with potassium choloride salts. Lots of visitors dislike it, but I love it now.

It helps to remember that our cells get dehydrated, shrivel up and cry out for it. If you feel tired a lot, it may be due to that. Try drinking a glass of water when you're tired, and watch how revived you feel.

I need to lose 20 to 30 pounds too, but have never successfully dieted and kept it off. More exercise, more moving, more water, less food. That's my goal.

I got up early today and did 20 mins of yoga before breakfast. I live in the country too, pink-north, and don't like walking out there in the snow and mud all alone. I'll try to talk DH into coming for a half hour with me now.

Oh yes! here's a tip: my uncle lost 40 pounds last year just doing "portion control" after visiting a dietician who showed him on his large hand what size portions he should eat, of meat and cheese especially.

I bought smaller dinner plates for me to fool myself into eating less. I love food, love to eat, eat too fast before I notice how much, or how full I am. :oops:

Woodi- The smaller plate works miracles. A full small plate is much more rewarding than a 1/2 empty large plate!

Smelli, we switched to jalepeno ranch dressing from regular. Because it is *hot* we use WAY less of it. Another dressing trick is to dip the tip of your fork in the dressing then load your fork w/ salad. That way you are sure to get dressing in every bite w/o pouring it on too heavy.

Learning about calories has been my best tool, I may still eat potaos & carrots at a meal, but now it is a larger portion of carrots & a smaller portion of potatoes. Still the *same* food, just tweaked like Pink suggested.

Hmm.. I will have to try that TAB!

I am boiling my crabs now, I have 8 LARGE Dungness crabs!

I am going to make some brown rice with it. Dont know what else yet..

I need to lose weight too:

I am now: 156lbs
Goal: 132lbs

I used to be 115lbs. BM, that is Before Marriage. I guess it must be because I am happy.

I will exercise more and eat less pizza.

Today's food:

Breakfast
Refried Beans, Huevos Rancheros, tortilla & 2 cups decaf w/ sugar & cream 690

Lunch
small order King® - French Fries 230

Dinner
2 Morningstar all veggie sausage patties 160
steamed asian veggies 60
2% milk 120

Snack
BREAD & BUTTER pickles 100
Bananas, raw 105
Grapefruit, raw, pink and red, all areas 103

Calorie Totals: 1568
Goal: under 1600

We went to farmers market to meet my mother-in-law for a Mexican breakfast & it was too die for!!!

Look at my lunch :oops:

I did throw that fruitcake out but tonight I found my sister-in-law's homemade toffee :shock: .

I just made sweet potato pie!

How do you get all the numbers for your calories

I had

Cherrios for breakfast.

Only 1 glass of water today

And a whole lot of crab!

I am tabithaw there if you want to look me up & see my journal. I don't blog on it, it's just do the calorie journal.

I can walk you through setting up your counter if you want. You have to punch in your goal calories, etc.

Yeah I eat anything I want I just adjust the portions. Basically 1/2 my plate is salad 1/4 is meat or fish and 1/4 veggies. I do not use salt or pepper just herbs to season the foods and I am still trying to stop drinking colored soda.

Tab are you vegetarian? If so I would love to swap some recipes with you.

Shannan what does sweet potato pie taste like? I've heard so much about it.

Wow you guys are inspiration, for lucnh at work i had a salad, that was a change from my normal routine of picking something from the deli, and at wild oats they make a great sushi with brown rice..taking little steps. I'am afraid if I set myself up..........so yeah going into this sideways..lol :lol: :oops:

Ok I used to train people on how to eat right when I was in the Air Force. My biggest advice to those of you who would like to lose weight is, NO SALT, NO SODA, not even diet. Eat smaller meals all day! I am telling you this will help you lose weight fast! Also, don't cut out food all together, just limit your intake. and WATER WATER WATER! If you drink an 8oz glass before you eat anything, you will get full faster!

Ok I am done now :)

dragonfly princess said:
My biggest advice to those of you who would like to lose weight is, NO SALT, NO SODA, not even diet.

You do need some salt in your diet, but most of what we need comes from the food itself naturally. In other words, put down the salt shaker ;)

I didn't drink pop for a year, and now thanks to DH's influence, I'm drinking it again. I need to cut it way back, or stop again. I can definitely feel a difference.

I looked at the myfitness calorie tool, its free too but the killer for is filling out how tall you are and what weight, now the weight part would mean I would have to get on a scale to see how much I weigh, and I havnt been on a scale for over a year........ :oops: I dont think I could handle the truth :shock:

pink-
Yes we are vegetarians but not vegans. We do fish or shrimp once in a blue moon.

Latest posts

Back