Wax Containers and Something Interesting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gray,

Have you tried using a crock pot? I have 6 5qt Rival's..4 for wax 2 for cooking.The highest temp reaches 300 degrees.Low is 200.

I've actually melted chocolate in them,on low,I have yet to burn a batch.It's delicate just like bee's wax.

The heating elements in the crock are around the outside of the crock,that's then insulated by a metal or aluminum side.The crock will protect the bee's wax from getting scorched.Even keep it warm long after you shut it off.
They just can't be spiffed up like the presto pots can.

If I had one I'd seriously consider melting bee's wax,and MP soaps in it.

It must be a tried and true method.We all know how expensive the actual materials cost.

Choose the method that you think suits your needs the best and go with it.

Best of luck.

Munky.

COULD BORROW MY MOTHER'S BUT DON'T THINK SHE WOULD LIKE THAT.
CHOCOLATE IS AS DELECATE AS BEESWAX WITH ONE DIFFERENCE. BEESWAX DARKENS AS IT GETS HOTTER. SO I HAVE LEARNED. HAVEN'T ACTUALLY DONE A TEST ON THIS BUT I HAVE SEEN THE RESULTS OF HOTTER TEMPS ON BEESWAX. THEY WERE ALMOST A BLACK AND DARK GREEN COLOR. THESE WERE DONE OVER AN OPEN FIRE WITH NO HEAT REGULATION.
PRESTO KETTLE COOKER SEEMS TO BE A GREAT IDEA ! I AM CONSIDERING INVESTING IN ONE. MAY EVEN BUY IT ON E-BAY. WHY SPEND $29.00 AND THEN SPEND MORE ON PARTS TO MAKE IF IT IS ALREADY DONE FOR YOU.
GOTTA RUN FOR NOW !

I had my husband make me one about sevn years ago when I was doing Gel Candles. He also made me a box stand for it about 12 inches high so that I could put my pour pots underneat to fill, worked really well. He also carved out depressions in the wood for the feet of the presto pot this way the pot did not slide around...smart man my DH. If I can find a picture I will post it.

Mary Lou

Latest posts

Back