Wacky Weather

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ma/hanscom/KBED

It is 47 F out right now at 8am o_O I even let the Hens out in the front yard to roam and peck.
Our ground is not frozen and we had a ton of rain yesterday.
All the windows were fogged up this morning.

What happened to my New England Winter ?? Le Sigh
:rolleyes: I am going to regret saying that out loud but at this point I don't care..................... I want my Winter Please.

We woke up to -1ºC (hovering around freezing) and this (it's still darkish out)....

20181229_071440_HDR.jpg

Here, it's going to be 35 today and hot for a while yet. Melting atm.

What happened to my New England Winter ?? Le Sigh
:rolleyes: I am going to regret saying that out loud but at this point I don't care..................... I want my Winter Please.

I think somebody sent it this way by mistake. You can have it back! Tonight is the third night in a row that we have had temps below freezing, and we are expecting 4 more nights in a row of the same. :eek: Hopefully, my orange trees and Tower Garden will survive. I've been bundling the Tower up under a frost blanket every night and we deep-watered the orange trees to stave off frost bite. So far, so good, and thankfully, the temps get up into the med 50's during the day. We haven't had freezing temps like this for 2 years!

IrishLass :)

:( Sorry, I feel the same way when my Canadian Friends send down Their Winter.

BTW, you can wrap the orange trees too ! Be careful on the over watering of them, I think the more wet they are they more they will have frozen feet (if they are in pots)

I can't remember the last time it snowed here. I think in October? Maybe? Never thought I'd miss snow and winter, but our dried up state is just not the winter wonderland it used to be.

-22° yesterday, today +34°. Gotta love South Dakota and the 50° temp differences in 24 hours...

-22° yesterday, today +34°. Gotta love South Dakota and the 50° temp differences in 24 hours...
LOL Sounds like here. Last winter we tied the record for both the warmest and coldest day on record 1 day apart with a 76° temp change within 14 hours. 30°-40° swings are quite common here between October through March. Once April gets here the swings are still there but only in the teens not extremes.

Latest posts

Back