Weather Gripe thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We may get a couple of flakes but we never get this much this soon. Two feet is too much.
In the mountains they got about 4 feet in the last week, down here we only got about 1.5-2 feet, and it's been going like that weekly since the beginning of November. February/March usually sees the most snow so I'm kind of afraid of how much we will get then.
We were still getting snow down here in June/July this summer, so I thought we'd have a late start this season, but NOOOOO... LOL
Like I said, I am so TIRED of winter!! LOL

Smoke haze! There are a so many bushfires in our state that we just seem to be constantly living with smoke haze. This morning the air quality levels in my area are more than double what they consider hazardous! As soon as I woke up all I could smell was smoke. Uugh. I don't think it has ever been this bad before. This fire season is certainly not off to a great start here and so many people have already lost their homes not to mention the poor animals.

Smoke haze! There are a so many bushfires in our state that we just seem to be constantly living with smoke haze. This morning the air quality levels in my area are more than double what they consider hazardous! As soon as I woke up all I could smell was smoke. Uugh. I don't think it has ever been this bad before. This fire season is certainly not off to a great start here and so many people have already lost their homes not to mention the poor animals.
:( :( :( I heard about the fires and all the Koalas have lost their homes :(

I am in Rensselaer County that borders Berkshire and yes, I was in the pocket that got 2 feet. I am originally from Western MA.

If you were in CNY, I'd under stand the two feet dusting but I have to agree- Rensselear getting two feet of snow this early is not quite common. In NYC, We got a light dusting. Me and several thousand affected migraineurs also had headaches. Gotta love bad weather.

Not only have they lost their homes, they're burnt, have no water.
Yeah, I was watching this and cried :( They all would be living in my house if I lived there so so so sad. I watched Women take off their shirts, run in, wrap up a koala and take them out :( So Great to see that but so so sad that it is happening

It is 65º F out yesterday and today........... here in NEW ENGLAND !!
As much as I hate the cold, it IS Winter and I would like it to come back right now !

yup, I know I just shot myself in the foot by saying it out loud. I will remember this thread when in February it is 5º and 10 feet of snow because Winter decided to make up for lost time o_O

Gripe: Volcanic ash!

The outside is grey, literally and everyone is moving around wearing masks. Earthquakes last night, lightning forks and ash, and now apparently the lava has started.

I'm too far to be affected by lava if Taal Volcano erupts, but we're close enough to get ash, which is really bad for kids and the elderly, and I'm caring for both.

Please keep the people directly affected in your thoughts..

Gripe: Volcanic ash!

The outside is grey, literally and everyone is moving around wearing masks. Earthquakes last night, lightning forks and ash, and now apparently the lava has started.

I'm too far to be affected by lava if Taal Volcano erupts, but we're close enough to get ash, which is really bad for kids and the elderly, and I'm caring for both.

Please keep the people directly affected in your thoughts..

I remember the ash we had when Mt. St. Helens blew up. You are definitely in my thoughts. It's nasty stuff. Stay safe.

Stuck inside while the weather is not nice enough to be Gardening in my yard :(
I planted some seeds outside the other week, then we got a frost :( and now it is rainy
My indoor seeds, just a few, are sprouting and some are Leggy and I just hope it gets nice enough out that I can plant in a week...... I am a Bad Farmer

Stuck inside while the weather is not nice enough to be Gardening in my yard :(
I planted some seeds outside the other week, then we got a frost :( and now it is rainy
My indoor seeds, just a few, are sprouting and some are Leggy and I just hope it gets nice enough out that I can plant in a week...... I am a Bad Farmer
I'm waiting to plant as well and hope that in Ohio I can start this week. We just had a 31 degree night but I'm hoping that's it for those. My cucumbers and luffa are outgrowing the nursery box!
I'm horrible at growing things from seeds. Hopefully I will be able to put in an order soon for some potted vegetables/herbs to be delivered to my house.

Back