Weather Gripe thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong, I love the fall and autumn weather. But it's getting to the point where it's too cold to keep my windows open at night, but still pretty hot during the day and it's driving me crazy. I come home from work at 6am freezing and have to decide if I'm going to open the windows and freeze till I fall asleep but wake up to a nice pleasant house, or keep the windows closed and wake up to a stuffy deceptively cold house.

Suppose it could be worse. At least I still have time to get my furnace cleaned/serviced before the real cold hits

Ahh the Furnace.... the main reason I do Gas instead of Oil/wood. Always have fuel coming in and no cleaning ;)

Oh shoot this is the gripe thread.... well I am griping about not being able to over heard the crap going on at work lol

Typhoon alerts coming in.. Looks like we're getting hit tonight while we sleep. Already some southern parts of the island are experiencing heavy rain and winds. Classes have been suspended today and again tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be a big one.. Just another one of em passing through.

I moved from Ohio to Maine in September to be closer to family after a corporate layoff....What was I thinking? We have about 2 feet of snow (did I mention that I'm in NORTHERN Maine?), and another 8" expected tonite. My dog is only 20" tall!

I'm gonna need a bigger shovel :p

@Dawni - hope your bad weather passes through quickly without any damage!

Dawni I heard about the typhoon and thought of you. Hoping everything and one is okay.

Over a foot of snow in NY and I made it to work on time. Snow is not stopping so we closing at 1pm. I live at the top of hills and have no way to get home except pick a road and head straight up.

First snowstorm of the season here in New Hampshire. Started around 4pm Sunday and isn't expected to end until noon on Tuesday! We're looking at 10-18 inches by the time it is done. Time to bundle up!

I hope everything is okay for you @Dawni in the Philippines!

Over the last week we got a total of about 24" of snow, and there are 2 more storms expected this week to dump even more snow than last week.
Umm, I hate winter. LOL

I moved from Ohio to Maine in September to be closer to family after a corporate layoff....What was I thinking? We have about 2 feet of snow (did I mention that I'm in NORTHERN Maine?), and another 8" expected tonite. My dog is only 20" tall!

I'm gonna need a bigger shovel :p

@Dawni - hope your bad weather passes through quickly without any damage!
Oy, yea, you're bound to get it worst than I am. We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow but I might give NY the same side eye I gave PA that one time they predicted 1-3inches (it took me 3 hours to make an otherwise 20min drive home). Get one of those shovels with the curved shaft. Those are great for me

@jcandleattic I agree 1000% with your sentiment. I'm only happy that I can deal with driving a sedan in snow whenI need to. XD

So it's been raining since 4ish am.. Going to be 12hrs soon. Not very strong rain and the wind isn't so bad where I am but the forecast says it'll get worse tonight and will continue until Friday.

I live in a valley and everyone else's rainwater is gonna come down to us. I have all fingers and toes crossed that we won't get flooded by the weekend. It's gonna be extra difficult with a toddler and my grandma here.......

Please keep the people who are already badly affected in your thoughts. I've been seeing pics and vids of knocked down trees and roofless houses and rivers of mud and it's sad down south of me.

Meteorological winter begins Dec 1st :p Which is about right for New England (I'll include NY in that lol)
But that still all depends on where you are in the world. Alaska starts I think Oct 15th hahhahahah

And this is the reason I do NOT live in Maine or NH, Mass is just about right (not including the Far Left side (Berkshires).

We have about 11" of snow as of Tuesday morning 6:30 AM This 2nd round was not as Wet as I thought it was going to be. Ffhheewww my little Electric Snow Blower works great ;) and no yucky smell or extra loudness.

WD-40 in your snow blowers where the Spinning Flap and the Shoot are. Makes the snow not stick as much ;)

I complain about a couple of inches of snow nowadays. When I saw the news about the storm in the Philippines I immediately thought of you. I hope you get passed over by the major part of the storm. I was in Hawaii a few years back when they expected a major one coming through...luckily it moved south of the island and all we got was wind, rain and a phenomenal light show. We can always hope that for you. Take care.

Dawni, hope it all is not too bad where you are.

I got a foot total, some places for over 2 feet.... I am laughing because it ISN'T me for once ahahaha

Back