Vetiver

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilahblossom

Reaction score
I'm doing a one lb. rebatch and I'm planning using my sample of BB midnight pomegranate with a few drops of Haitian Vetiver for drama. The Vetiver is very thick and I'm thinking I will add it to the little bottle of midnight pomegranate and set in cup of hot water to melt. Does this sound like the right thing to do? Course I will have no way of knowing thru that brown bottle if it mixes properly. Maybe a small bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. It's a Halloweenish thing and I'm going to try to combine some red gold and black M&P in there too.

I have a resin that is quite thick and I tried to do what you are suggesting and it didn't work. They wouldn't mix... :? I recommend putting them into the batch one at a time rather than mixing them. I think you'll get a better result that way.

Might I suggest Vetiver from Bath and Body Supply? I have used it with success. It is not as thick and may even give you less hassle. I have not noticed any accelerated trace, ricing or even discoloration when I use it.

Back