vanilla stabilizer with HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
I've been on an HP kick lately and want to try the Bitter Creek North vanilla stabilizer for some of my discoloring FOs. Do you think I could add it to my oils before the cook? Then after the cook add my FO? I have a Dragons Blood FO that I want to use and it discolors to a tan (I think) and would love to make it a red color (ha! like that will happen). Either way I'll try it, but just wanted to see if anyone had some insight.

I don't know Milla , I would be afraid it might "cook" away and you would end up with a not so lovely shade of brown soap. You could email BCN and ask them , they are pretty prompt with answers .

HTH

Kitn

If it's like the other vanilla neutralizers you'd probably need to mix it with your fragrance oil and let it set at least 2 minutes before adding it to your soap.

I'm wanting to try it also since I tend to lean toward vanillas and fo's with vanilla in them, I'm so curious to know if it really works.

I will have to make sure I add it after the cook then. Thanks for your help.

I decided to try it with HP. I figure if you can use it with MP why not? I discounted my water a tad to account for the stabilizer after the cook. I mixed it with my FO and it sat for about 15 min. It ended being a lot of liquid to add, but eventually it incorporated. There was a slight smell while I stirred, but i can't smell it in the mold. I'm sure when I cut it and let it air out it should be fine.

The "smell" should go away and your fo should just shine through. Please update if you can about any color change, if you have any, hopefully you wont I can't wait to hear that it works:)

My soap smells just fine. I used Dragons Blood. I bought it on ebay so I don't know who it's from and I'm not sure it has vanilla in it. I do know that most seem to go brown. I made mine a dark pink (tried red), but that was a joke. Still pink.

let me know if it works, i love dragons blood and wish it wasnt always brown!

Here's a bad/blurry pic. Camera batteries just died. I will let you know if it discolors.

soap013.jpg

Back