Using old soap in a new batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sososo

Reaction score
How could i use old soap (2 month cured) in a new CP batch. Is it possible to melt the old soap in oils before adding the lye or the single way is to put the old soap in the trace?
Which is the maximum ratio old soap/oils?

You probably could. You could also make confetti soap by adding the grated or chopped pieces directly to the batch at trace.

Thank you, but I don't want the old soap to be apparent in the new one.

This is a recipe from a paid online tutorial. I haven't tried it yet, but it worked on the video.
You can incorporate finely shredded soap scraps into a new recipe using the hot process method. Decide the hot process recipe you want to work with. Add the total weight of oils/butters for a hot process soap recipe; divide by 2. This is the amount of shredded soap scraps you include in the recipe. Put the finely shredded soap scraps into a crockpot and add oils and butters. Heat this mixture up until the solid oils and butters melt. Stick blend to break up any solids. Add lye and water mixture to melted oils and shredded soap scraps and stick blend for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is thick and doesn't separate. Cook just like any hot process batch, checking and stirring regularly through the saponification process. Can add a little sweet almond oil to superfat and can add fragrance. Mix thoroughly and pour into soap mold
Try this with a small batch to see how you like it.

Back