URGGGG!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirrdee

Reaction score
I was trying to make a black and tan bar for my guys. Figured I would use honey to get the tan color as I got this beautiful shade of tan/orange when I made OMH soap. Couldnt remember when I made the OMH soap, when exactly I added the honey so this time I mixed a couple tablespoons of honey in some water and added it at trace. Also rememberd that I got volcano with the other batch so I put the mold right in the freezer for 1/2 hour or so then on the counter. My "tan" did not go tan, it went ivory? Can you help me understand how I got this color in the first place (the tan/orange color).

If I want the tan/orange color, would it work to add honey right to the lye water? Or should I have gelled it/leave it out and insulated it? Is there any chance it will turn color?? Also I used individual silicone molds, anise and orange EO's

The brown one is my beer/honey soap - is that close to what you're trying to achieve?

I added the honey to the cooled off lye water (beer in this case), let it cool down again, and then soaped. No volcano.

naturalsoaps.jpg

not sure of the color on my moniter but think new saddle? or coffee with some cream?

Here is the bar, I do see some morphing going on and Im hoping it does what I want and change!!

If you mix the honey in the lye water and it "burns" it will usually turn the soap tan/orange. It also depends on what oils you use as some make a darker bar than others. But I like the colour of the soap even it wasn't what you were after :)

Back