Un-molding Ease

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiti Williams

Crazy Crafter and Neighborhood Nut!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know where I read it on the forums, but some Soapers are having difficulty with the un-molding phase of the soap. I was doing a deep dive on YouTube and found a lady who said she freezes her soap after it has set up, so the fancy designs on her soap don't get damaged.

The soap shrinks a bit and is nice and hard for ease of un-molding. I use silicone molds and they just roll right off the soap, but I have seen a bit of sticking in the fancier molds. I will be trying this with my next batch of soap, so I will let you all know how it goes.

It works well. I've done it with the plastic mp molds when using them for CP.
If you are using the plastic individual molds, be careful, they are brittle when cold.

It works well. I've done it with the plastic mp molds when using them for CP.
If you are using the plastic individual molds, be careful, they are brittle when cold.

All of my molds are silicone, even the individual ones. I don't really have too much trouble with mine, if a soap isn't all happily set at 24 hours I let it sit for a bit longer. I think the plastic and silicone molds keep the soap too wet at the bottom, unlike a wood log mold. This can be the cause of the stickiness on the back side of the soap.

Back