Ugh....lol. (2 UPDATES! COMPLETE WITH HORRIFYING PIC!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
This is going to be one of those times where nothing goes right, and your soap ends up being whatever you can think of to save it before throwing it in the mold. LOL! This was supposed to be dark purple and yellow, but I ended up with a muddy wimply purpley/brown and yellow...lol. It's scented with pineapple cilantro, which might be the greatest smell in the history of smells. Don't ask me why I threw that crap on top...I panicked, okay??!! LOL!!

Well, I guess we'll see what happens... :lol:

pineapplecilantro1.jpg

I think that regardless of what color this was supposed to be, it looks fabulous. I love the swirling and can't wait to try your scent combination. It sounds absolutely divine.

Thanks, LJA for the tip on Brambleberry for the scent. I haven't really come upon anything other than lavender or just plain oats and cinnamon that I like, or could qualify as a great scent. I experiment a lot and haven't liked a few batches lately...in the circular file with those! Trust me, they were the wrong "aroma" and made me nauseous! I will give the pineapple cilantro a go. Would it be too much to ask what amount of this fragrance you needed to get the desired scent? I know the usuals, but I know that certain oils or fragrances behave differently than the recommended porportions. Thanks!

I use 1 oz. per pound of oils. Seems to be just about right. Of course, your mileage may vary. Let me know if you end up liking it. :)

Purple always goes weird on me! Don't worry too much yet... by tomorrow it may go back to the colour you were hoping for! :)

Looks great to me!

That soap looks great , I like the colors , ditto what Ashley said about the purple. I bet you will be tickled purple with the color tomorrow..
The scent sounds divine too.

Kitn

LJA...I went to B-Berry and can't find it. Which was it, EO, FO, organic, blend, limited edition? I tried doing a search in their site and couldn't find it.

Would I have the same result from just buying each FO/EO separately and doing 1 oz. each?

Not trying to be a bother, but you have me so excited now. I do this for myself only and I loooovvve cilantro.

AshleyR said:
Purple always goes weird on me! Don't worry too much yet... by tomorrow it may go back to the colour you were hoping for! :)

Looks great to me!

I hope so, Ashley. I just peeked in on it, and the "gel" is just in the middle now and the outer edges look like they have just turned a solid cream color! This is a weird soap...lol.

the green is a nice contrast. is that cilantro? what are the darker things? very nice texture on the top btw!

It's "Cilantro" :wink: ...lol. Really, it's dill, but pretend. Dill holds up better. The "droppings" are elderberries. I'm probably going to cut all that off. I dunno what I was thinking.

Oh yeah - it's a loo-loo. I cannot even BEGIN to understand what happened here. LOL! This one's getting chopped up later. That's a SPECIAL kinda ugly... :)

uglysoap.jpg

ooooooh niiiiiice, I think that looks very feminine, I can't wait to see what it looks like all sliced up.

You can send it to me if ya think it's that bad ;) I think it's gorgeous !! LOL

One word.

REBATCH. lol. Now I know ya'll are a buncha heathen liars. It's awful. lol.

I have a question though - i've never rebatched in the crockpot (and frankly it doesn't sound fun) so I was gonna chop it and put it in something else. Anyone have any suggestions as to color combos or techniques to try to save this monstrosity?

It smells sooooooooooo good though, at least.

Seriously LJA I would NOT rebatch it, it's really pretty!

But if you insist, I would shred it up not chop. Chopping would take a lot longer to melt. And with all those colors I don't see how you can color over it. It's just gonna be brown.

I think it is pretty and I am not a heathen liar! (so affended!;)

Back