Two Lilacs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brambleberry that I knew I loved and BCN, thought I would give them a try.
BB much deeper and stronger scent oob and more true than BCN.
Will probably need to add something to the BCN lilac.
It just doesn't seem strong enough on it's own.

You should give Peak's Lilac a try. It smells just like a Lilac Bush in spring. It sticks well, and I had plenty of time to do a hanger swirl. It is my FAVORITE scent! I use .8 PPO.

Good to know about the lilacs you like. I used WSP's Lilac in Bloom a few weeks ago. I'm not impressed. It morphed into a lilac "butt" smell if a lilac bush had a butt. Not a very good combo. It also accelerated like no other.

Good to know about the lilacs you like. I used WSP's Lilac in Bloom a few weeks ago. I'm not impressed. It morphed into a lilac "butt" smell if a lilac bush had a butt. Not a very good combo. It also accelerated like no other.

That is my favorite description of a bad scent LOL

I second the recommendation for Peak's Lilac, it's fabulous. I'm out and have to order more!~

Well, scratch that, I just ordered both Lilac and Violet from Natures Garden, eager to see how the fragrances compare! And now I have to put the debit card away and sit on my hands - no more spendies today!

Last edited:
I second the recommendation for Peak's Lilac, it's fabulous. I'm out and have to order more!~

Well, scratch that, I just ordered both Lilac and Violet from Natures Garden, eager to see how the fragrances compare! And now I have to put the debit card away and sit on my hands - no more spendies today!

Can you let me know what you think of the NG's vs. Peak's Lilac? I am almost out if it also. I'm curious how it compares.

I used WSP Lilac in Bloom just today in CP & no issues. The whole house still smells awesome! Can't wait to test out my soap after it cures.

It smelled good when I first made it, but then after a few days it began to smell weird. It may yet settle out. I'm not a big floral fan, so my mileage may vary.

It smelled good when I first made it, but then after a few days it began to smell weird. It may yet settle out. I'm not a big floral fan, so my mileage may vary.

I tried the Lilac in Bloom in CP and didn't think much of it at first, but now that it's cured for a month, the bars smell just like a blooming lilac bush - really wonderful!

Can you let me know what you think of the NG's vs. Peak's Lilac? I am almost out if it also. I'm curious how it compares.

NG's version just arrived. OOB smells wonderful, can't wait to soap with it!

Oh, and related to an old thread, NG, instead of Witches Brew, had *****es Brew. It smells very similar to WSP's Witches Brew -- dominant patchouli scent, I adore it OOB, and it's a whole lot less expensive than WSP's which I think is outrageously priced.

You can't beat BB Lilac. I soaped it and it was the most popular all winter because it smells just like spring lilacs after a rain. My SIL would like it stronger but I use the recommended amount. Why interfere with the bubbles and waste the fo by adding more? The yellow you see in the soap was intentional.

190887_418240504898967_793315590_o.jpg

Last edited:
I used Lilac in Bloom from WSP with no problems at all. It smells fantastic and is one of my best sellers. I think it smells exactly like lilac, and have had several customers say so also. I did an all veggie recipe with full gel at .8oz ppo.

Back