Today's effort

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
I have a 4 day weekend, so decided to finally make the soap I've been thinking about for more than 2 weeks now.
Can't wait until tomorrow to see the swirls. I love the colors...
Spring soao.jpg

very pretty--please post cut pics. I have a question though--how do tops with stuff like that on the top cut. are the sprinkly things soap?
Sometimes I go to the effort of making the little balls like that out of soap, but in this case, it's candy sprinkles. As for the cut, so I don't get drag marks and they don't pop off more than wanted, I turn the soap on it's side to make the cut.

Ahh so it is your daughter or son who gets to clean the shower or bath after your granddaughter uses this soap?
Not you? :nodding:
I didn't make the soap for my granddaughter, we were just out shopping, and I saw the sprinkles, not her, so I bought them. As for cleaning the tub, we have a drain catcher we use so clean up is a cinch. (literally pic it up and dump it out)
We have to have that because my granddaughter has 36" long curly hair, and we would have to snake the drain once a month if we didn't use something to catch her hair.
I know some don't like that type of stuff on top of the soaps, by my customer base loves it and that's who I cater too, so that's the type of soaps I make.

I didn't make the soap for my granddaughter, we were just out shopping, and I saw the sprinkles, not her, so I bought them. As for cleaning the tub, we have a drain catcher we use so clean up is a cinch. (literally pic it up and dump it out)
We have to have that because my granddaughter has 36" long curly hair, and we would have to snake the drain once a month if we didn't use something to catch her hair.
I know some don't like that type of stuff on top of the soaps, by my customer base loves it and that's who I cater too, so that's the type of soaps I make.
Knowing your customer base is key!
I bet your granddaughter loves to see the candy you bought together on your soap. :)
They look much brighter than soap would be.

We sometimes have visitors with long hair and it is a nightmare - not just in the bathroom but when you go to vacuum the carpet later as well! Your drain catcher solution sounds good.

Knowing your customer base is key!
I bet your granddaughter loves to see the candy you bought together on your soap. :)
They look much brighter than soap would be.

I posted a pic of the cut - the lighting is bad, but irl they match perfectly. :)

My gd is my little soap helper (she lives with us) and she loves helping me whenever I will let her (usually when I make M&P embeds) She's super fun, and my #1 fan!

Latest posts

Back