Tired of dry itchy skin!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afrokink

Reaction score
I sat scratching the skin off my legs today. I got the dry itchy winter skin :(. I've thought about making my own body washes for some time because I know the commercial stuff isn't working for my skin. Today I decided to jump into the soap making world! I've made hair products and creams and lotions so I'm know a little about this stuff. I'm excited to learn from all of you!

welcome to the forum, I've been where you are and I know how frustrating it is and not being able to get something healthy for my skin to stop the itch!
best winter skin in years this year.

Thanks for the replies! I do use shea butter. My basic winter 'lotion' is equal parts coconut oil and shea butter. That combined with Burt's Bees body washes actually works really well. But of course I'm on vacation, traveled only with carry ons and have none of the above with me. Plus Burts Bees is like $10 a bottle and I'm frugal :(

I'd like to make a Burts Bees type product to save my my pocketbook and my skin! I guess its not really soap, but I'm hoping to find some info on here.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great information here.

I started making soap for a similar reason; my daughter has very dry skin, prone to eczema, and handcrafted soap was kind of expensive. I'll warn you though, if you're looking to save money, you will probably find yourself spending A LOT of money very quickly if you catch the soaping bug. Ask me how I know! :D

A good place to start is www.millersoap.com Her Castille II soap is easy and predictable as is Soap Classic and Sudsy All Vegetable Soap. They don't require a lot of specialized ingredients. And they sure do help with dry winter skin.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back