This morning on my kitchen counter...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nup

Reaction score
4134927299_9c204835bf_o.jpg

This is packed with goodies such as full fat Greek yogurt, sweet almond oil, olive pomace and scented with a bitter almond blend. It's also the very first soap that I actually managed to sculpt the top, so I wanted to show off!
Thanks for looking :)

Thank you all:)
I was aiming for creamy but it's too early to tell.

If you can't see the pic, right click on the little box that is there instead of pic and a drop down list will appear. Select "view image".

looks real nice and creamy, when I first saw it I said "wow, this look silky, bet it feels good sliding over the skin." How do you incorporate greek yogart into soap?

I subtract the amount of yogurt from my water, then I add it to the oils and stick blend until creamy. Finally I add the lye-water.

nup- that is so beautiful- looks like you didn't gel- so creamy.
May I ask how you prevented ash on your beautiful top?
does it have to do with your oil combination or technique?

Thank you all for the lovely comments:)

Bombus, the moment I felt the mold warm up I put it in the fridge and let it stay there overnight so no, I didn't gel, I wanted to preserve the scent as much as possible.
As far as it concerns ash, I simply do not know. Nope! No idea! I usually do get ash but I think that since this is a bright white soap with glitter sprinkled all over the top it probably has ash and I simply can't tell!
I suppose I have to get me a spray bottle to spray alcohol on my tops...

Now that I look closely at the photo, I do see a glimmer of glitter. Did you use cosmetic glitter? and I'm assuming you sprinkled it on right after your
shaping? It looks wonderful! I haven't used glitter yet. Not scratchy?

looks so yummy....
with that title, i was expecting another kind of story! =P j/k

Latest posts

Back