The things we do for love

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersoaper3000

Reaction score
A little back story for this one. My wife has been a fan of Duran Duran since back in the day and she still follows them avidly. She made a perfume named lebon and actually got some attention online from the band. So she wants to roll with this attention and asks me to make a soap for the fragrance (rose, jasmine, and amber oil are the big players). One pretty enough for Simon Lebon. Good gravy. No pressure. So now I present to you 'Sing Blue Silver'. We will see what that gets her. Ridiculously large pics as always :wink:

bluesilverquart.jpg

bluesilverfrosh5.jpg

bluesilverfrosh10.jpg

bluesilver3.jpg

That is beautiful! I think that is my favorite one yet!

Are you going to sell? I want one! :D

ETA: Nevermind...found it on etsy!

Gosh, thanks agriffin! I will pop that out in today's mail. I am really flattered that you want to try it. Please let me know how you like it.

And as always thanks everyone for the kind words :D

SIMON!!!!!!! GAH!!!! Sorry, we were talking about soap. Yes, it's beautiful! (Like Simon tee hee hee)

supersoaper3000 said:
A little back story for this one. My wife has been a fan of Duran Duran since back in the day and she still follows them avidly. She made a perfume named lebon and actually got some attention online from the band. So she wants to roll with this attention and asks me to make a soap for the fragrance (rose, jasmine, and amber oil are the big players). One pretty enough for Simon Lebon. Good gravy. No pressure. So now I present to you 'Sing Blue Silver'. We will see what that gets her. Ridiculously large pics as always :wink:

So stunning! Love them!

Those are awesome! I've seen a tutorial on gem soaps that have that look, but it looked kind of complicated so I've yet to give it a try. It's definitely on my to do list, I just love that effect. Am I correct that this is done with melt and pour? I've only done melt and pour once (for Christmas presents), I used silicone molds and LOVED how quickly it set up and how easy it was to remove from those elaborate silicone molds.

Dotty

Back