The fragrance from *you know where*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinful7

Reaction score
The fragrance and soap from *you know where*

So my day had gone great.. Gingerbread cupcakes finished... Cinnamon sugar cupcakes finished. So I thought, I'm going to do a depression relief soap with a pretty swirl. This was an untested FO for me (first mistake) but is a lavender blend and lavender slows trace right? Lol get soap mixed and think well I can soap at 110° (I normally do room temp) here enters mistake two.. Mix lye water into oils emulsify well. Add fragrance, within a min it became mashed potatoes.. OK I thought no need to panic. (Mistake 3) now I decide I can still add a bit of color in so I scoop put some glops of potatoes and stir in some prepared colors.. Yay (for those counting, that was #4) now it has become very think mashed potatoes. All hope is lost for a pretty soap and at this point pouring isn't even an option. So I do what any body would do, glove up and smash it into a mold. Going to try and cpop it. It was mixed well before Adding the fragrance and I believe I got the fragrance worked in good enough. Time will tell.. If anything else I will be rebatching tomorrow. Uggg this pic is for all of you who says my soaps are always perfect!

1412642241337.jpg

Last edited:
Lol Jules! I am still angry enough that I wanted to throw it out the door!! I have never had such a naughty batch of soap. I am normally a very cautious soaper and take precautions with every new fragrance. This one caught me being cocky I guess. Lol

First of all, I think it looks neato. Secondly, I gotta ask, since I'm a newbie--fragrance from where? Contrary to the thread title, I don't know.

Lavender has always seemed to slow trace for me. Regardless this wasn't a slight acceleration!! Lol it was at light speed

If you get a seizure like that again slap a lid on the pot and let it sit until gel starts and it loosen up at that point you should be able to stir it and get it into the mold. It will come out looking like hp but at least you don't have to go to the trouble to rebatch

Thanks cmzaha my hope is I had it emulsified enough that I may not have to rebatch. The lye and oils were mixed well before I added the fragrance. But the lid idea is wonderful, I will keep it in mind next time.

Latest posts

Back