The Biggest Compliment Ever!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrissyB

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I have received a compliment of the highest order today and I am very excited so I have to share it with all of you, because I know that you would feel the same way.
A while ago I made some soap for my son, with bentonite clay, aloe vera juice, and tea tree oil. Well when I put a little gift bag together for my (much) younger sister, I put a cake of this soap in it for her.
Just speaking with her this afternoon, she told me that she has never used soap on her face ever before, she uses cleanser. But she has been using the clay soap that I made and she absolutely loves it. She asked me to bring some more for her before she runs out because she cannot live without it. And she said she will never buy commercial soap again, she said her skin is the best it has ever been, not dry, not oily, she told me if I ever need staff she will work for me for free because she is indebted!! :D :D :D
BTW I made my first ever goats milk soap yesterday and it is great!! It will be even better after curing!

Horray thats fantastic!!!!

There is nothing better than that feeling you get when you hear words like that, all sort of warm and squeshy :lol:
My MIL is worried I will stop making soap one day and she wont be able to get it anymore LOL. Once its in the blood I don't think there is any stopping!

No I've been doing it for a while now and I can't see myself stopping anytime either. I think it's because the list of fragrances, moulds, additives whatever, is absolutely endless. There is always something new to try with soaping!

Oh Chrissy that is so wonderful! What a wonderful comment on your soap-making ability!

Keep up the wonderful work.

Cheers
Lindy

I know exactly how you're feeling. DH came home from work yestrerday and said, "Honey, you're soap is soooooooo much better than all those other soaps! It lathers way better & it just feels better!"

Now, he's been the official tester for the past year, & he always says it's good soap, but he was really excited yesterday when he was saying that.

It's sooooooooooooo rewarding isn't it? I said, "Yeah, now we just need to convince the rest of the world my soaps that great!" :lol:

Very nice ChrissyB! What a smart sister you have :lol: :lol:

How absolutely awesome Chrissy! It is so wonderful to have such a supportive sister. I have a SIL who is just that for me and loves to praise my soaps and body butters.....of course, she may just have an ulterior motive as I tend now to give her lots of goodies to sample/test for me :lol:

No, she is genuinely loving my stuff and sings my praises everywhere. I am actually quite sure that if she didn't I would not be CP soaping now....praise is just so encouraging.

Of course your soap is gorgeous and I am glad for you that she appreciates it so much. Congratulations!

Tanya :)

You earnt that praise

Thats is so perfect.
You knew your soap was looking and smelling great. That it had all the good things in it.
But that moment thats someone says that is so special.
Suddenly you found that it really is true , not something you just hoped for. That your soaps are affecting peoples lives and for the best.
Congatulations. All this and you enjoy it too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! That is so cool that your sister really liked your product. It's not just that you're her sister, she loved the quality of the soap you made! I think that we can all agree that if you make something and it's no good, even your relatives won't sing your praises. You may give it away to them and they may throw it away, offering no feedback.

All the more reason to keep making the soap. I am with you, soapmaking offers so many possibilities and it's so much fun and so therapeutic. I'm just going to keep making it because I'm in love with my own soap. Each batch is better than the one before. I think your compliment, was indeed, the ultimate.

A sincere compliment like that just warms the heart, doesn't it? And it means that you must be making some pretty fiiiiiiine soap! Congratulations!

What a compliment! Wish I could get my OH even remotely interested in my soap :cry: He's just not interested. But if I buy soap from someone else and put it in the dish he'll use that?? Family and close friends are good grounders too, they let you know when something is good, even moreso when something isn't!

Lomond I have seen your soap....I would be very very please to have it in my bathroom, it's gorgeous!!
Thanks everyone, I knew that sharing this with you would be appreciated.
and just so you know, my sister is very headstrong, if she doesn't like something, she will say so!!
She still has the arrogance of youth on her side.

LomondSoap said:
What a compliment! Wish I could get my OH even remotely interested in my soap :cry: He's just not interested. But if I buy soap from someone else and put it in the dish he'll use that?? Family and close friends are good grounders too, they let you know when something is good, even moreso when something isn't!

lol... yeah, I gave up offering my soap to some relatives. I got sick of hearing "I have sensitive skin. I have to use real soap." While friends and coworkers rave about how great it is.

lol... yeah, I gave up offering my soap to some relatives. I got sick of hearing "I have sensitive skin. I have to use real soap."

LOL If only they knew!!! :D
The problem here is that most people don't know what is in commercial soap. I don't know how they think it's made, I guess that they just don't think about it. I got into a discussion with the girl on the checkout at the shop I went to today, I bought some moulds and she asked me what I was going to make with them. When I told her I make soap she was like "What". She wanted to know what's in it, I could have stood there all day telling her how good hand crafted soap is!!
Mental Note: Take a little gift bag for her next time I go to that store for her to try and feel the difference for herself!~

ChrissyB said:
Hi Everyone!
I have received a compliment of the highest order today and I am very excited so I have to share it with all of you, because I know that you would feel the same way.
A while ago I made some soap for my son, with bentonite clay, aloe vera juice, and tea tree oil. Well when I put a little gift bag together for my (much) younger sister, I put a cake of this soap in it for her.
Just speaking with her this afternoon, she told me that she has never used soap on her face ever before, she uses cleanser. But she has been using the clay soap that I made and she absolutely loves it. She asked me to bring some more for her before she runs out because she cannot live without it. And she said she will never buy commercial soap again, she said her skin is the best it has ever been, not dry, not oily, she told me if I ever need staff she will work for me for free because she is indebted!! :D :D :D
BTW I made my first ever goats milk soap yesterday and it is great!! It will be even better after curing!

Sorry, ChrissyB. :oops: I was so busy saying me too, me too that I forgot to say CONGRATS!!!!! Congrats on your first goats milk soap, too. Woohooo!!!

Healinya said:
lol... yeah, I gave up offering my soap to some relatives. I got sick of hearing "I have sensitive skin..............
We must have the same relatives!! Friends love to test, family hesitates and launches into the sensitive skin issue. Maybe the family members don't trust me, they have known me longer........................

Digit

Soaps my baby

8) 8) 8)
For that very reason of close family members not seizing the opportunity and because none of them are near enough to see what I was doing I kept the early days top secret from them .Not a peep till I had happy comments back from others and was standing on solid ground did I then just casually drop the , I am soap making into conversations ,emails etc.
I was just sooo protective of this little baby I was taking no risks of anyone raining on my soap parade .
8) 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back