Swirls!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenn624

Reaction score
I made swirls! It took me 7 tries (been trying to swirl every batch since my first lol), and I broke down and bought a slab mold vs my loaf mold that I'd been trying with, but I have finally achieved swirly soapy goodness! Yay!

Here it is in the mold, mid-gel:
soapy-goodness006640x480.jpg

cut
bay-rum006640x480.jpg

another shot of the cut bars
bay-rum008640x480.jpg

Its bay rum scented, and my blue powder turned purple, so it looks kinda girly, and smells kinda manly, but.... :wink:

Jenn,

It looks beautiful, good job! I've been trying to learn to swirl too, my blue turned mauve. Apparently I bought low PH color from BB. Now I have an order in with Tradewinds, as soon as it comes in I will be able to play again.

What do you use the heart mold for? Do you use it for CP soap? I use mine for MP, when I need to give little gifts with samples of my products. I'm working on making little sample soaps (swirled & layered) for the gifts, but that's so much more work with the packaging.

Barefoot

Thanks Barefoot :) Let me know how the Tradewinds colors work out for you, I'm always arguing with my colorants... they never seem to do what I want them to

I use the little heart mold for MP embeds mostly, I also made some cocoa butter/sweet almond tub melts in it the other day (just to see if I could lol).

Back