You've heard of the Hanger Swirl; meet the Spatula Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreativeWeirdo

Assume humorous intentions.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... I tried to do a thing and it didn't work.

I was using a FO that I thought did not accelerate (thanks internet!) but I quickly discovered that was a lie!

I make 4x 1000g batches (2x red, 2x gold) in 4 loaf molds. I was originally going to do different designs in each mold: layered, textured layered, drop swirl, and in the pot swirl. And the only one that kinda worked was the layered, but even that didn't turn out.

If my efforts to avoid soap-on-a-stick (which I've experienced before) I just tried to get them in the molds ASAP. Trying to save my last shred of dignity, I decided to take my spatula and just bounce it to the bottom, flipping things around, whatever I could think of to try and make SOMETHING that looked good in the other three!

So, here it is! Just in time for Lunar New Year :s

1673238605814.jpeg

I was using a FO that I thought did not accelerate (thanks internet!) but I quickly discovered that was a lie!

I make 4x 1000g batches (2x red, 2x gold) in 4 loaf molds.
HIGHLY recommend that from now one, you TEST a new FO. I have two 4" Square Silicone Molds for just that purpose. Of course, you can have a great Test, but still run into problems later because you added colorants or because you soaped at a different temperature or you blended longer.

I made Christmas soaps for the first time and decided to 'wing' it. EVERYONE of my soaps accelerated. I thought for sure the Fairy whatever it was was going to be a mess because I decided to go with a THREE color swirl, but the soaping gods were smiling down on me. Even though I plopped all the batter in, there was just enough give that I was able to run a chopstick vigorously and then I smacked the molds down as hard as I could.

So... I tried to do a thing and it didn't work.

I make 4x 1000g batches (2x red, 2x gold) in 4 loaf molds. I was originally going to do different designs in each mold: layered, textured layered, drop swirl, and in the pot swirl. And the only one that kinda worked was the layered, but even that didn't turn out.

If my efforts to avoid soap-on-a-stick (which I've experienced before) I just tried to get them in the molds ASAP. Trying to save my last shred of dignity, I decided to take my spatula and just bounce it to the bottom, flipping things around, whatever I could think of to try and make SOMETHING that looked good in the other three!

So, here it is! Just in time for Lunar New Year :s

View attachment 70354
Love this! Abstract. One of a kind. Dancing colors. Flamingo similarities. But I love birds and see them in every thing.

Latest posts

Back