Swirl challenged

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weety

Reaction score
Hi Soapers,
So, I have been terrified to try swirls in my CP soaps. Due to 1 failed in pot swirl (looked east enough). Lol.

This past Sunday I tried a "Spoon Swirl" from Soaping 101 videos. I still didn't get the swirl effect i had hoped but i got closer.

Anyone have any tips or other videos to watch? Seems like a watch a ton!
Maybe it just takes practice.

Here's a pic of the top ans after I cut it (it's upside down drying).

Attachments

• 20191112_192122.jpg
    20191112_192122.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 62
  • 20191110_121314.jpg
    20191110_121314.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 61
Those are beautiful! You are not "swirl challenged"!
Sometimes, the look we get in a soap is not always the one we envisioned. That's part of the excitement of soaping (for me)....but, it does take a lot of practice to find the recipe & technique that produces the design you're aiming for.
But, really, I think your soaps are gorgeous!

Your soaps are lovely! Swirling does take practice just to get the feel of things. Short bursts with the stick blender and stirring in between will help keep your batter more fluid if that is what you want. I think an in the pot swirl is very beginner friendly. Spoon swirls are harder, I think anyway, and you did great! Missouri River Soaps does ITP swirls quite often, so maybe check those videos out.

Those are beautiful! You are not "swirl challenged"!
Sometimes, the look we get in a soap is not always the one we envisioned. That's part of the excitement of soaping (for me)....but, it does take a lot of practice to find the recipe & technique that produces the design you're aiming for.
But, really, I think your soaps are gorgeous!
Oooh thank you. This gives me hope for Saturday's attempt.
So much to learn. It is teaching me patients as well...lol. Thank you for your encouraging words✌

Your soaps are lovely! Swirling does take practice just to get the feel of things. Short bursts with the stick blender and stirring in between will help keep your batter more fluid if that is what you want. I think an in the pot swirl is very beginner friendly. Spoon swirls are harder, I think anyway, and you did great! Missouri River Soaps does ITP swirls quite often, so maybe check those videos out.
Thank you, thank you! I'll certainly watch some of their videos tonight.
I appreciate the tips!! I stick blended as well as stir for fear that it would thicken quickly.
Maybe I'll give the pot swirl a whirl again. ✌

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh I love the purple! You're not challenged at all.. If anyone is, it's probably me lol

Seriously though I think you did a great job. Looking forward to your next posts ;)

I think they turned out nicely. It just takes practice. I layer soap into the mold pouring down the middle and when done I use a chopstick and start at on end one an angle and make circles down the mold. then from then other end too.

I think they are very pretty and I love the purples too. I don't know if I have had to many swirls that came out like I envisioned but they just come out nice anyway. I agree with cellador--its exciting to see what you get when you cut!!!! I still remember my first swirl that looked like a swirl, it was an ITP swirl--those are so easy to do

Oooh I love the purple! You're not challenged at all.. If anyone is, it's probably me lol

Seriously though I think you did a great job. Looking forward to your next posts ;)
Thank you for your encouraging words.

I think they turned out nicely. It just takes practice. I layer soap into the mold pouring down the middle and when done I use a chopstick and start at on end one an angle and make circles down the mold. then from then other end too.
Oh, ok. Thank you for the tip✌❤

Latest posts

Back