Super-Premium Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honeysuds! ilike your idea so much! would love to try them all. for carrot and potato, did you cook them first?

kchaystack, as far as i know, goat milk has alpha hydroxy acid(AHA), which is quite good for our skin. I believe it's doing nothing in a soap, as you mentioned earlier, I kinda agree. I doubt people would shower for hours and let the lather to stay. Wash and rinse.

George, I was rooting to get the benefits from milk/yogurt too much though. you're right, I shouldn't worry too much and just go on with it.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...=977&activeIngredientName=ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS

Alpha Hydroxy acids are not necessarily "good" for our skin. It works by removing the top layers of dead skin cells. (More than just washing with a cloth would.) Which are part of the protection that our skin provides to the rest of us. And some people are sensitive to them.

Susie, yes i couldn't agree more but I've read lots of good reviews about it. people who suffered acne for a long time eventually healed with the help of AHA and yes, it depends on certain individual too. Goat's milk does not contain high amount of AHA compared to fruits. overall it's good for gentle exfoliation.

ok so I just want to clarify some things and then see if I maybe able to offer you some help. So as of now you are using the oil method to clean your face? As this method works well for you, you now what to try and incorporate this into a more convenient all in one bar soap? You also want to add essential oils to the final product in hopes that you can achieve some therapeutic results from those as well? Am I understanding your goals correctly?

Almost. I am using the oil cleansing method, but slightly modified. At night, I am doing the full-blown method, removing the oil with only hot water and a washcloth. No soap. In the morning, though, I don't have time for that so I'm modifying it. I rub the oil on my face outside the shower, then get in and let the shower do the steaming while I wash the body, hair, shave, etc. The last thing I do, is to wash my face with a gentle soap to remove the oil.

I'm currently using the AC/tea tree EO Bar that I made for my face before folks here recommended the OCM. It is not un-gentle, but is basically my default body soap (tallow,CO,OO minor castor and avocado) to which I added the AC and tea tree. The purpose of this thread is to explore if I can do better.

I cooked the potatoes before soaping, and actually used purple potatoes to see if the color would come through (it didn't). For carrots, you could just puree fresh carrots and use at part of the liquid measurement.

Latest posts

Back