Stuck on a name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like to name my soaps based on their fragrance. I made soaps for xmas that I never sold (never sold anything since I had the flu or something for like a month). Big hit on my xmas sales since that what I was really counting on.

I have a soap made with Winter Wonderland from NS. And ya know, it doesn't really smell like a christmasy smell at all even, but I am stumped for a name for it. The color of the soap is white base with blue and dark blue, and (scant) black hanger swirls. I made them for the butterfly swirl challenge.

Edit: and it is back to business as usual as far as the Florida weather goes, so I really am not looking to name it anything that resembles winter.

"Winter Wonderland reminds us of being tucked into a cabin in the midst of snow-covered pine and cranberries simmering on the hearth. It starts with light green and pineapple notes. A heart of forest pine needles and clove buds are followed by sweet cotton candy, soft woody notes, and a light ozone breeze."

It just sounds wintery lol. I really don't think it smells as winter wonderland as the description. I'd use it all year.

Hoping somebody who has used this FO can come up with a name suggestion.
winter wonderland.jpg

"Last weeks freeze" LOL j/k. "Snowbirds brought their cold down here and killed all our plants" LOL.

I like Tropical Winter.

Maybe...
Blue Skies? since it has a very definite ozone smell.
Chilly Nights?
Florida Snow (which is an actual thing when you wake up in the morning and the lawn is covered in teenie tiny little flowers that makes it look like it snowed)

A lot of good suggestions, I will let you know what I decide.

A little off topic, but I am wrapping a ton of soaps right now. I have earth meets sky....it is so strong that I might not even try to sell it. I think it will overpower everything else on my display. OMG it is strong. I didn't use anything over the recommended amt that I know of...I never do. Maybe it was an accident. There is nothing wonky about the soaps they just stink to high heaven. Holy crap I can smell it outside on the porch lol and they are wrapped now AND I am smoking LOL.

"Last weeks freeze" LOL j/k. "Snowbirds brought their cold down here and killed all our plants" LOL.

I like Tropical Winter.

Maybe...
Blue Skies? since it has a very definite ozone smell.
Chilly Nights?
Florida Snow (which is an actual thing when you wake up in the morning and the lawn is covered in teenie tiny little flowers that makes it look like it snowed)
Maybe Fresh Wind?

"Winter Wonderland reminds us of being tucked into a cabin in the midst of snow-covered pine and cranberries simmering on the hearth. It starts with light green and pineapple notes. A heart of forest pine needles and clove buds are followed by sweet cotton candy, soft woody notes, and a light ozone breeze."

It just sounds wintery lol. I really don't think it smells as winter wonderland as the description. I'd use it all year.

Hoping somebody who has used this FO can come up with a name suggestion.View attachment 64269
How about Blue Jay? Do you have those in Florida?

Latest posts

Back