Storage temp/humidity for curing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyW

Reaction score
My soaps are taking over my kitchen. The only places I have are a large closet in my house and my garage. I keep my house around 72F day and night, the closet is slightly cooler. The garage isn't insulated but our temps range from 30-65F day to night this time of year, very rarely there will be a few days of freezing. Humidity is generally 60-90%. Should I go with the closet or will the garage be ok? I don't use the garage for vehicle storage, btw, no one here does!

I would go with the closet, for more stable temps. You may get sweating in the garage and it seems from earlier post animals like fresh soap.

I have been making CP for 11 years, and I've never had a sweating problem (I live in Western Australia). However, these last few weeks we've had dreadful humidity with the summer heat, and my soaps, even the older ones, are quite moist! I was really surprised, as I'd never heard of CP sweating.

Pepper, i'm in Brisbane QLD, and our soap sweating can be such a killer. I've stopped making m&p altogether, and my cp AND hp give me serious sweating issues, we set up damp rid containers in the cure room just to try to minimise it. We can't even package each bar as it even sweats inside the packaging :shock: so I can completly understand where you're coming from.

Back