Start Praying, Mommas!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Gaius and Pax are driving themselves to school for the first time without a parent!

Attachments

• PXL_20240516_113802772.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240516_113802772.MP.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
Praying for your mama’s heart to have peace, and for them to be safe. 🙏🏼

The permit age where I live is 14. Our ADD grandson is gleefully reminding all adults in his life -almost daily - that he is 13 and 3 months, with only 9 months to go before he is permit-eligible. 😱 😅

"Back in my day..." 14 was the permit age, too. Where I am now, it's 16. Then, there are various types of licenses and rules based on how old you are. You don't get your grown up license until you're 21!

YAY!!
As soon as I got my driver license and drove home I hit the side of my house. So, if they haven’t done that then they should be golden.

So far, they've only hit the curb...

That is so nerve-wracking. My granddaughter just got her driving permit. It makes me so nervous with all the high-speed roads in Northern NV

I know what you mean! Where we are it's very busy. Most use the expressway to get everywhere. Dad showed them what passes for a "back way," which is much more complicated. Today, one drove while the other acted as navigator.

Our ADD grandson is gleefully reminding all adults in his life -almost daily - that he is 13 and 3 months, with only 9 months to go before he is permit-eligible.
My driving age (16) niece, Addi, is doing everything she can to *not* drive! Her mom/my sister can't wait to stop doing the after-school activity pickups, she bought a new car so that she could give Addi the old Prius, signed her up for driving lessons, etc. Addi also has ADD/executive functioning issues, so my theory is that she is afraid to drive, but I remember myself at 16 and it was so different then. Driving was freedom.

My driving age (16) niece, Addi, is doing everything she can to *not* drive! Her mom/my sister can't wait to stop doing the after-school activity pickups, she bought a new car so that she could give Addi the old Prius, signed her up for driving lessons, etc. Addi also has ADD/executive functioning issues, so my theory is that she is afraid to drive, but I remember myself at 16 and it was so different then. Driving was freedom.

Pax (17) has been quite nervous about driving, which surprised us. We thought it would be Gaius, but he's looking for reasons to take the car.

I honestly don't know what was scarier - teaching them or letting them go.

We're doing a little of that, too-- Gaius has his Senior trip tomorrow and this summer, they are off on a mission trip to Northern Ireland. 😳

My mid 20's age niece is terrified of driving. She does everything she can to avoid it. I've never seen anything like it. Mind you, I was 40 by the time I got my license (long story) but now not being able to drive is really aggravating. I can't imagine being that scared when nothing has ever happened to you or anyone you love. Driving is freedom.

I really hope your daughter gets over that quick artemis. She likely will once she realizes how much freedom it gives her. Heck, it's fun to just drive for an hour or two doing nothing but listening to music and singing along.

Gaius survived his first flight! He'll be gone on his senior trip for about a week. He's nervous but excited. I'm wondering how Pax will do without his brother.

Good to have some other moms, grandmas, and aunties who can relate!

Latest posts

Back