Stamping older, hard bars of soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
...with a stamp. I promised to post how I use a clamp and my nifty, custom made magnesium soap stamp on hard bars of soap. I even use it on week old soap. It allows me to find the center of the bar and apply the right amount of pressure to leave a nice impression on the face of the bar.

In this picture, I'm using a 6" Irwin bar clamp. I used a piece of cardboard under the hard 6 month old bar of soap I am using to demonstrate. I start by spritzing the face lightly with alcohol. In the first picture you can see I have centered my stamp on the bar of soap, and lightly started to apply pressure to the stamp on the soap.
clampstamp013.jpg

Next, I check for final adjusting of the stamp, then squeeze the heck out of the clamp.
clampstamp015.jpg

Lastly, I remove the clamp and the stamp. I take that same small brush with a little rubbing alcohol on it to clean the stamped soap and buff it.
clampstamp016.jpg

I then take the brush with the alcohol on it and clean the stamp by brushing it a few times to remove and stuck on soap. The whole process takes less than a minute. Next bar; get er done! :lol: That is how I stamp a hard bar of soap, or even a softer, newer bar with my custom stamp.

Paul ;)

I really like that way of stampin older soaps. Thanks for sharing. :)

Hello Bunny Too it really is nice to see you on here and the other forums. :)

Happy Holidays :)

Thanks for the taking the time to take those pics & post them. I know ur really busy with the holidays on top of your mold-making, etc. The pics are very much appreciated!! :D

Latest posts

Back