Solar system bath bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I watched the royalty soaps video about the solar system soap and loved it. So I thought, can I take this idea and make it into a bath bomb?

This is my first attempt:
A yellow-golden embed with 1-1 cit-nahco3 in a dark blue-blackish matrix 2-1 cit-nahco3. Randomly in the matrix I would like some little pieces of some butter in silver mica.
All together it should produce black waves with a long lasting yellow center and silvery oily tots around it.

That's my first idea. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

I love the idea and await an interesting discussion.

My only suggestion is to avoid traditional glitter if you can because it's not beneficial for the lower lady parts. Also, Glitter than contains aluminum is not safe for mucous membranes. Glitter made of plastics gets into the water supply which may drain to the ocean, thus compromising the sea life. So all in all, much as young and old alike may like glitter, it's not good for our environment.

If you can source a bio-degradable, non-toxic to marine-life glitter, then I would lean toward that for your lovely sounding solar system bath bombs.

I love the idea and await an interesting discussion.

My only suggestion is to avoid traditional glitter if you can because it's not beneficial for the lower lady parts. Also, Glitter than contains aluminum is not safe for mucous membranes. Glitter made of plastics gets into the water supply which may drain to the ocean, thus compromising the sea life. So all in all, much as young and old alike may like glitter, it's not good for our environment.

If you can source a bio-degradable, non-toxic to marine-life glitter, then I would lean toward that for your lovely sounding solar system bath bombs.

Hey Earlene!

Thanks for the information! I didn't know about the lady parts and the membrane.
At the moment I use a sort of mica related mineral, it comes in golden flakes. I still have to check if it is usable in cosmetics by EU law. Otherwise I am thinking of biodegradeable glitter like the soap kitchen sells them.

Latest posts

Back