Soapy Rocks v2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
??? Where’s the goods??
I tried a couple of times to attach the photos but it didn't work . Will try again!
15499799065651575110711.jpg
1549979943331201260478.jpg

I tried a couple of times to attach the photos but it didn't work . Will try again! View attachment 36236 View attachment 36237
They look good. At what point did you try molding the rocks? I was a little hasty when making mine and they started crumbling like it looks yours did. I took mine out of the mold when it was just hard enough to stay together.

They look good. At what point did you try molding the rocks? I was a little hasty when making mine and they started crumbling like it looks yours did. I took mine out of the mold when it was just hard enough to stay together.
It was around the 20 hour mark, I think? I spilled most of my oils just as I was about to add the lye water and had to attempt to reformulate my recipe. Unfortunately, I was running low on olive oil and thought I'd take this opportunity to try out rapeseed wax for the first time. When I unmolded them it was already fairly hard and started to crumble. I blamed the rapeseed wax. But, on the bright side, the rough texture makes it look like a rock found in nature. Or on Mars :)

It was around the 20 hour mark, I think? I spilled most of my oils just as I was about to add the lye water and had to attempt to reformulate my recipe. Unfortunately, I was running low on olive oil and thought I'd take this opportunity to try out rapeseed wax for the first time. When I unmolded them it was already fairly hard and started to crumble. I blamed the rapeseed wax. But, on the bright side, the rough texture makes it look like a rock found in nature. Or on Mars :)

Ah yes, I remember reading your description of what went wrong. I think they look pretty cool, like something I'd find at the lake shore occasionally.

Back