Soapy dreams for 2015???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to start selling sometime in 2015 so I'll be trying to figure out some recipes I have in my head to create a line and will continue trying to develop the perfect solid bubble bath recipe that creates a lot of bubbles that stay and the perfect bath bomb recipe (almost there)!

I'll also be hoping to get into the whipped cream soap because i'm in love with the idea of whipped soap sugar scrubs.

2015 is going to be a big year for me and soap. lol

What I would love to do is win the lottery and have one BIG room dedicated to soap making. And then I would buy all kinds of molds, cutters, fo's and eo's and every colorant ever made LOL! It would be heaven on earth! :mrgreen:

But in reality.... I work a lot, don't even play the lottery, and don't have nearly the amount of time to craft that I would like to have. :cry: I would like to get a soap log cutter one day though. Maybe 2015!

There are some very cool ideas here!

I must be the only soaper that has ZERO interest in making a liquid soap. Which is kinda sad, as I know plenty of people that would probably prefer liquid over bar soaps. One day, no telling when, I'll take that jump I'm sure just for the experience of it.
:mrgreen:

Actually I have no interest in making liquid soap either. I think I did one batch one time and decided it was not for me. I probably still have the KOH still hanging around here somewhere several years later.......

Yeah, no interest in liquid soap as of today, but who knows of tomorrow.
I want to sell. So I have to perfect recipes, goat's milk and non goat's milk predominantly, and get labeling and insurance ready. Hopefully a yr after my first soaping, but probably a few months post first yr of soap, I'll be ready. I want to grow the blog and my online presence I want to perfect my techniques, and it seems the stars led me to do the butterfly swirl next ;-)
Spoke to my mother-in-law and I have a wholesale account most likely ready to roll when I'm ready, but I'm a perfectionist and I KNOW I'm NOT ready yet....soon, hopefully, soon...

Downsizing and moving my shop across the pond. I will no longer sell but want to continue making soap for my family and for trade. I will enjoy making just the soaps I like!

This will still take a little adjusting. Where to buy coconut oil in Barcelona? What about essential oils? Any recommendations from our European members much appreciated.

Last edited:
Organize my soaping area and curing racks.

Get my new logo on gorgeous letterpress labels! (already in the works)

Attend the guild conference in April.

That's all. I have no interest in fancy swirl techniques; I already make all the household, cleaning and cosmetic products I need. I just want to really nail down some great recipes that reflect my brand though scent and feel, and make the world a better-smelling, softer-skinned place.

I'm not a fancy swirl person either. It just looks like too much work for something I'm going to bathe with lol. I LOVE looking at others swirl techniques though, totally admire the patience and work they put into it. I'm just simple at heart I guess, simple colors and design, great scent combos and creamy lather are what I aim for.

I just opened my online shop at the end of October, and sales have been way more than anticipated - a great problem to have! This year I need to streamline my resource procurement and really ramp up production (while maintaining a high-quality product).

Also, I just about wrecked my kitchen trying to do a liquid castile soap the other day. I will master it!!!

Oh iwas just thinking of this!
This year I want to:
1) begin to sell my soaps in a small way
2) get my hands on some sodium lactate and try it out!
3) finally make the coffee soap in my head!
4) develop a good mechanics/ gardeners soap for grubby paws
5) experiment with citric acid in soap
6) learn to make pretty swirls!

My goals/plans are:

•Make more lotion bars and figure out packaging.

•Continue experimenting with salt and sugar scrubs and figure out packaging.

•Start an email newsletter.

•Make a LOT of soap, so I always have enough stocked!

•Continue to grow my business! This past year was my most successful year and it took a lot of planning and hard work!

-I want to try my hand at making Genny's shampoo bar recipe for my first ever attempt at making a shampoo bar. I hear that her recipe (posted here on the forum sometime last year) makes for a great shampoo bar as well as a great facial bar. Since I've had a few people approach me about both subjects (shampoo bar and facial bar), I got the soaping bug in me now to make some for them to test out.

-I want to buy some bay laurel oil and make an Aleppo-type soap

-I want to try the Soleseife (Sp?) method of salt soap

IrishLass :)

2015 will be a very big year for me.....I'm going to retire! I am so excited and so ready. I'm sure that I will need some supplemental income, and once retired I will have time for more craft fairs. I love doing them, but with my full time job, I've just found it too difficult to do as many as I'd like. Now there will be no excuses. I'm working on some specialty packaging for gift sets. I have lots of ideas for beautiful packaging, but haven't had the time to work on any of them. I'm also still giving a lot of thought to whether or not I want to get a tent to do outdoor shows. And I want to work towards getting my soaps back to a more natural look, like when I started. And I want to perfect my solid lotion bar, it's just not where I want it to be yet, and....and....and....it's endless!

2015 will be the year that I sell my first soap, hopefully! I have done loads of experiments and I am almost completely happy with my basic products...I'm slow with all the other stuff, so I need to get a stamp, work on the packaging, get stable and economic sources of ingredients, price it, and market it. Boy, I have some work to do. No going back though, I'm addicted!

I am hoping to get the large mold from For Crafts Sake. We have a huge sell event coming up and I really need to ramp up production.

Get better at lotions. I love the LUSH stuff but I want to make my own. The recipes I have tried are so so. I need more practice. Maybe get a logo going but I really just need stickers so I don't have to label each little thing I gift by hand.

I plan on making African Black Soap, I know the recipe isn't readily available but I'm willing to try until i get it. It might take me a couple of years. I plan on starting in January.

I also want to play with more embeds and top decorations. Mainly for me and to challenge myself.

Did you ever get to making that African Black Soap? Interested to know what happened!

Back