Soaps for sale for 2.50

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandi

Reaction score
Handmade lavender soap on ebay for 2.50 and 2.50 shipping.

Ingredients: Olive, Canola, Castor and Coconut Oils, Lard, Lavender Essential Oil, Homegrown Lavender Buds, Purple Soap Dye

Approximately 4 +oz.

How can they sell so cheap?

If you buy in bulk, then yes it can be. I figure that my recipe for 50 10 oz GM salt bars is roughly $40, give or take, and I sell them each for $6 or 4/$20. Even if I sold them at $2.50, I'd still be ahead. Of course, add in my packaging costs, site costs, business costs, etc. and it'd be a much higher cost per bar, but you don't know if this person has invested in all those other things.

Plus, notice how canola is second in the recipe. It's possible that she/he used a lot of canola, which we all know is cheap and can go rancid quickly. If the recipe was something like, 40/40/15/5, then, yes, it could be very inexpensive to make.

These things fascinate me because I am a market researcher.

They sold over 150 of that bar so they must know what they are doing.

I do not sell soap or anything but if anyone needs market research done or would like help to market their website let me know because I love it. I will help for free.

I can do proper keyword research and I have over 400 websites. Its my passion.

looked on ebay 2.50 a bar soap + 2.50 shipping on each bar of soap , that could add up depending how many bars ua buy ( 5 bars could cost ya 25.00 or 5.00 a bar) (1 bar + shipping =5.00)

there hoping people buy a few bars at a good price

Last edited:
Marketing

These things fascinate me because I am a market researcher.

They sold over 150 of that bar so they must know what they are doing.

I do not sell soap or anything but if anyone needs market research done or would like help to market their website let me know because I love it. I will help for free.

I can do proper keyword research and I have over 400 websites. Its my passion.

Wow, how nice! I would love some help marketing. I finally found a shampoo bar that people love and want to buy in bulk. If only I had more customers I know it would do well. :D I'll send you a PM.

You must also remember that some people sell simply as a hobby. This plays a huge part in low priced selling.

You must also remember that some people sell simply as a hobby. This plays a huge part in low priced selling.

Good point, Lotus. I used to make stuffed dolls and there was this old lady at the craft sales that always sold so cheap! But all she wanted was enough to replace her supplies. She wasn't getting anything for her time.

Ever think that maybe it stinks?

Maybe her lavender didn't set up right in the soap and it's either ugly, or smells funny. I discount my "uglies" just to get them gone.

Ever think that maybe it stinks?

Maybe her lavender didn't set up right in the soap and it's either ugly, or smells funny. I discount my "uglies" just to get them gone.

I've wondered if anyone does this. I mean, if you have a batch that turns out the wrong color why not sell at a discount as long as the soap itself is good?

who has a recipe for pine tar soap lol

I want to try to "veganize" this one.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/beyondbasics/ss/Pine-Tar-Soap-Recipe.htm

who has a recipe for pine tar soap lol

Hah, I do, and love the stuff :) It's sort of a novelty, but people who know the benefits of pine tar - usually people older than 50 who remember the great stuff from bygone days - really gravitate to it. Although I would never advertise these qualities, it's great for poison ivy, eczema and psoriasis.

I've wondered if anyone does this. I mean, if you have a batch that turns out the wrong color why not sell at a discount as long as the soap itself is good?

I want to try to "veganize" this one.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/beyondbasics/ss/Pine-Tar-Soap-Recipe.htm

Exactly. That is what my "uglies" are. Perfectly safe and good bars of soap, but for one reason or another, not good enough for full price.

For my own use, I'd prefer to buy a discounted "ugly" vs a perfect bar.

Back