Soaping sickness is...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When creating new soap possibilities is the last thing you think about when in bed and the first thing you think of when you wake up.

Or

When you start dreaming of soap combinations........lol :D

At least I'm not the only one thinking about soap and fragrances right before sleep! I thought I might be a little nuts. DH wishes I had as much passion for "other things" as I do for soaping!

When 2 dozen bars of soap is your contribution to your sister-in-law's pot luck birthday luncheon...

When you don't eat the slice of artisan cheese left for you on the counter, thinking it's a bar of your soap.

When you offer that slice of artisan cheese to your best friend, telling her to taste-test your soap for mildness.

When you constantly consider how to get out of the year long work contract you have so that you can make soap full time.

When you can count on one hand the number of times you've used your kitchen to make food since you started making soap going on a year ago.

When you actually have dreams about soaps.

When the far away look in your eyes only makes your husband ask what kind of soap you're making in your head, instead of asking what you're thinking about.

When you happily live on 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night so that you can soap after work and before work.

noticing the "mold potential" in everything i come across! especially when going through antique stores! :shock:

When your daughter drags you away from soapmaking long enough for a friendly game of Scrabble and the first three words you make are 1. soap 2. loaf 3. lye
Yep, I believe I am badly infected with soaping sickness, but I don't want a cure! :lol:

Back