Soaping sickness is...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, you can. also sour milk goes nicely in soap!

when you keep the sour milk around for your next batch of soap
when you force your kids to eat foods that come in soaping-appropriate containers

when you begin to think of ways you could explain to your dh why we really can't possibly live without buying a goat...and you live in the middle of a busy city.

so far i have:
will eat the weeds/grass
milk
cute
the kids will like it
milk
SECRET REASON: for making soap

when your dh says, "Hey, let's go to Shea Stadium to watch a ballgame" and you think, "Great, while we're there I'll get some butter!"

When the only way your family can get your attention is by using the word "soap".

When you empty the store bought frosting into another container so you can use the frosting container(s) to make shaving soap because you can't find your PVC mold.

artisan soaps said:
- I hear you on the yoghurt containers Kitn - there's a sour cream over here that comes in a lovely oval :lol:

That is what my new and improved yogurt container is shaped like , it will make a fantastic salt bar mold .imho .I am eating at least 2 a day , so I can use them for soap asap. :shock:

Soap Crazy Kitn

Kitn,

What brand of yogurt comes in Oval containers? I need something for my salt bars too! :lol:

Classic said:
When the only way your family can get your attention is by using the word "soap".

Exactly right. When did that happen? :lol:

When 1/2 the pantry is devoted to soap. When you cringe when asked what oil to use for cooking ("none - they are all MINE for SOAP, I tell you!!!) :twisted:

When I feel sad at the empty oil containers. When I live to make a "new" soap.

But, is is NOT a sickness, it IS a passion. That much is certainly right. :lol:

when you go out to your cottage( i really have one) to smell, pat , look at all your soaps curing or done, 5 times a day or more.

x

:shock: when hubby fries his potatoes in the refreigerated mango butter thinking it's butter.

(i now have a used fridge in the garage!)

Re: x

carebear said:
heartsong said:
:shock: when hubby fries his potatoes in the refreigerated mango butter thinking it's butter.
how'd they taste?

pretty bad from his comments-i would figure it would be pretty bland, but i've never tried it. he just thought the butter had turned. LOL!

i had no clue what he was talking about, until sometime later i went to use some in a cream and there was a big hunk forked out of it.

needless to say, no more herbal teas or any of my soaping stuff goes into "his" fridge now.

xraygrl said:
Kitn,

What brand of yogurt comes in Oval containers? I need something for my salt bars too! :lol:

It is Yoplait source , its a 100 gram container , I think they will make a nice sized salt bar .It won't be a large bar but that is okay too . I have a few more to eat before I can try it out :wink:

Kitn

...moving from full-time to part-time employment so you have more time to soap... then with less money coming in, cutting back on all non-essentials in order to pay for more soaping supplies... :oops:

Latest posts

Back