soap smorgasbord

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seifenblasen

Reaction score
Just realized this morning I have been using nothing but homemade soap for over a year (yes, I travel with them - none of that cheap hotel soaps - even Evelyn and Crabtree won't cut it), and at any given time I have several bars out and I pick based on my moods. Right now, there are:

1. Lavender and geranium bastile (20% coconut, 5% castor, 5% shea, 70% olive), kind of an everyday go-to soap.
2. Vetiver salt bar (vetiver, petitgrain, rosemary, coriander, cedar, Mediterranean sea salt, 80% coconut oil, 5% castor, 5% shea, 10% olive). This is what I reach in the morning when I need to wake up.
3. Clary Sage (clary, vetiver, patchouli, 30% coconut, 10% castor, 10% shea, 20% mango butter, 5% sweet almond, 25% olive). If the vetiver salt bar is an "upper", this is my "downer". Because of the clary it is for evening showers only.
4. Rosewood (rosewood, geranium, palmarosa, cedar, patchouli, with silk and rose clay, 30% coconut, 10% castor, 10% shea, 30% olive, 10% rice bran, 10% avocado).

It actually makes the bars last longer since I don't use the same one everyday, and they have a chance to completely dry out between use ... :p

Does anyone else do this?

oh yes! there are 4 different bars to choose from in my bathroom. I keep them on a shelf outside of the tub, also helps. Even my re-batched soap, which I think melts very quickly, seems to last longer when I 'rotate'.

Ooh, seifenblasen, I love the sound of your scent blends!

I also travel with my own soap and solid shampoo and conditioner bars. No hotel stuff for me!

My husband gets cranky if there are too many varieties in the shower. Right now we only have two - a mint/eucalyptus blend and a vetiver/vanilla. Around the house, including the guest bath and the kitchen there are probably 8 or 10 different varieties.

I do the same thing. :)

Like Judy between the kitchen and various bathrooms- I have 10-12 around. :mrgreen:

My Mister has clutter issues, so right now I have three bars in the testing phase in the shower. I can't push it further.

Yes, I like to have a couple different bars in the shower so I can use based on my mood. My DH made me a multibar soap rack.

I like to travel with my own products too. I get a few weird looks, or rather looks that seem to question how weird i may be, ...my packaging can be a bit creative :roll:

Hausfrau007 said:
My Mister has clutter issues, so right now I have three bars in the testing phase in the shower. I can't push it further.

@Hausfrau007, yeah, with him building all those nifty molds, I wouldn't want to push it, either! :D

ToniD said:
Yes, I like to have a couple different bars in the shower so I can use based on my mood. My DH made me a multibar soap rack.

I like to travel with my own products too. I get a few weird looks, or rather looks that seem to question how weird i may be, ...my packaging can be a bit creative :roll:

@ToniD, exactly how creative is your packaging? :twisted:

BTW, someone actually holds a patent for multibar soap dish!

http://www.google.com/patents?id=BwUNAA ... &q&f=false

Yeah I"m wondering too. LOL

I use a ziplock but if there is something else I'm all ears.

Latest posts

Back