Soap 'n' Tell Challange Poll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What theme would you like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted even though im not participating because i really want to see what people come up with for mythology ;)

I am new to the forum so I am unfamiliar with this challenge. For this challenge do you create a themed soap idea and then create the soap? Do you then share your pics? Sorry if I sound silly but I am curious :)

You guys are cracking me up. If Rebatch wins I'll have to screw up a batch to have something to use. I've recently pawned off my disasters on people who have to love me anyway. All I have are a few shavings.

Don't panic. Rebatch won't win.

I am new to the forum so I am unfamiliar with this challenge. For this challenge do you create a themed soap idea and then create the soap? Do you then share your pics? Sorry if I sound silly but I am curious :)

You don't sound silly. It would sound confusing if you hadn't seen the original post by DWinMadison.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f11/casting-gauntlet-challenge-31055/

Here's the link to the photos. http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f22/mardi-gras-soap-challenge-photos-31488/

Thank you Hazel!!! This sounds fun! I can't wait to see the pics and eventually create along with everyone else!!!!

Okay bringing an idea forward from another thread. What about a cheese soap challenge? You can use whatever cheese you like and then follow that theme with your fragrance. I admit I've already made a cheese soap but I could do a different cheese this time.

We did this over on a UK forum that I'm on and there were some pretty amazing soaps produced.

Hey rebatching got a vote in! It wasn't me though. I voted for song of the year you were born. Seemed the most fun!

I didn't vote for song from the year I was born, cause I was born in the '80! give me a break people! LOL
Well, I'm off to see if there were any good rock songs cut in 86

I didn't vote for song from the year I was born, cause I was born in the '80! give me a break people! LOL
Well, I'm off to see if there were any good rock songs cut in 86
Easy Peasy! Colors for soap ideas:
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
True Blue - Madonna
Shot In the Dark - Ozzy \m/
Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs

But the best:
Talk Dirty to Me - Poison ... Perfect for the whole "wash your mouth out with soap" idea!

I'm not going to admit to what year I was born but there were a lot of fun songs from the 80s. I still listen to the songs when they come on the radio because it brings back memories of good times.

Anybody remember "Super Freak"? :lol:

eta: I decided to look to see what songs came out in '86. I saw a few of my favorites which might make a great theme for soap. Well, maybe not "Ship of Fools" but I still love that song.

Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
Steve Winwood - Higher Love
Robbie Nevil - C'est la Vie
Smithereens - Blood and Roses
World Party - Ship of Fools
Van Halen (or as my sister and I called them - Van Hagar) - Dreams

edited again: Hmm...maybe Blood and Roses wouldn't be a good theme except for at Halloween. :lol:

I voted for spring- I have been loving to make honey soaps this week and what a better honey soap then a spring theme...maybe a honey sunflower soap or honey lavender...

Back