May 2024 SMF Challenge: Hanger Swirls!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a Luna swirl. 4 colors. My best swirl of the 3 attempts. I actually had time to work the batter (and freak out when I couldn't find my hanger). It's gonna be interesting cutting it tomorrow. It's gelling in the corner 😬
Ooh, a Luna swirl! I hope you tell us about it tomorrow!
I cut my 3rd attempt this morning and I'm really happy with it. It even smells good!😃

The Luna swirl attempt is beautiful to my untrained eyes. But not a Luna swirl.

Here's my first attempt where the white layer hardened before the other two layers were poured.

I was after red, grey, and white. With the grey and red shirt whispy through the soap. I got purple, orange and white instead. This is what I was hoping for through the entire soap...
1000026410.jpg

But I got this instead:

1000026413.jpg

You can see on the left where I dragged the spatula through the white layer. But somehow I managed to get the purple into the middle of the soap's white layer with the hanger (soap on the right).

Sign-up list:
1. Justsomeguy - it's gonna be nerve wrecking but I'm in. My first venture into multicolored soap😬
2. Ackosel - I need to get a hanger and learn how to use it. Expecting to enjoy the learning process, submit a very unimpressive entry, and have fun doing it!
3. Relle
4. dmcgee5034 - have hanger, will swirl 🌸
5. McKherringFarm
6. akseattle
7. Firefly24
8. SoapM0m - I've been making soap for over 25 years and I've *never* done a challenge! This should be fun! :)
9. The_Emerald_Chicken
10. Vicki C
11. Zuleika - Hang myself on this.
12. Tammyfarms - starting to plan the design. This is the most time consuming part for me. 😂
13. dibbles - it's about time for me to attempt a Luna Swirl
14. CLMP this was a fun challenge!
15.Deebeesnj- excited to participate and learn!
16. ScentimentallyYours - have a new supply of 12” Dunkin’ straws for my swirl tool. 🧋💫
17.Nanna, been a few months since made a soap and thought this would be a good challenge.
18. Bubz
19. katili - alright I'm in!

Well, here's another one that didn't quite make the cut. I went for brighter after my first dark, moody attempt. I was successful with that aspect anyway.

Every time I look at this I see my mother's kitchen from my childhood. Same.exact.colors. LOL. If you lived through that particular era, you know.

Rosehip Jasmine FO from BB. 100% goat milk replacement for water. Olive, coconut, castor, avocado oils

Attachments

• RosehipJasmine stack.jpg
    RosehipJasmine stack.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, here's another one that didn't quite make the cut. I went for brighter after my first dark, moody attempt. I was successful with that aspect anyway.

Every time I look at this I see my mother's kitchen from my childhood. Same.exact.colors. LOL. If you lived through that particular era, you know.

Rosehip Jasmine FO from BB. 100% goat milk replacement for water. Olive, coconut, castor, avocado oils

The particular green was under the wallpaper in my kitchen.

What did you think of the FO? Smell and perfomance?

I had a dresser set that was white with drawers that shade of green. I wish I still did lol. I love your soap!

I had a dresser set that was white with drawers that shade of green. I wish I still did lol. I love your soap!
Thank you!
I have been going through all the things that had to be moved from my parents' home after they passed away and in there is a cedar chest that my mom painted that shade of green. LOL.

The particular green was under the wallpaper in my kitchen.

What did you think of the FO? Smell and perfomance?
My mom was the queen of paint and wallpaper!

The FO did great in my cold process goat milk soap. I had absolutely no acceleration and no discoloring. I was a little hesitant to get anything with "rose" in the name. I love real roses, but haven't been a fan of "rose" scents. They (all florals in general) are usually overwhelming to me (and my asthma). This mix I actually am okay with. I don't LOVE it, but I don't dislike it either, if that makes sense. My young adult daughter thought it had hints of cucumber in it. I don't smell that at all, but... :) My scent choices tend to be more in line with light forest types, but I have several customers who I know will appreciate this particular one.

I think these are super pretty!

To enter the May 2024 SMF Challenge, copy and paste these instructions and the entire list into a new post, adding the next number and your name to the bottom of the list.

Sign-up list:

1. Justsomeguy - it's gonna be nerve wrecking but I'm in. My first venture into multicolored soap😬
2. Ackosel - I need to get a hanger and learn how to use it. Expecting to enjoy the learning process, submit a very unimpressive entry, and have fun doing it!
3. Relle
4. dmcgee5034 - have hanger, will swirl 🌸
5. McKherringFarm
6. akseattle
7. Firefly24
8. SoapM0m - I've been making soap for over 25 years and I've *never* done a challenge! This should be fun! :)
9. The_Emerald_Chicken
10. Vicki C
11. Zuleika - Hang myself on this.
12. Tammyfarms - starting to plan the design. This is the most time consuming part for me. 😂
13. dibbles - it's about time for me to attempt a Luna Swirl
14. CLMP this was a fun challenge!
15.Deebeesnj- excited to participate and learn!
16. ScentimentallyYours - have a new supply of 12” Dunkin’ straws for my swirl tool. 🧋💫
17.Nanna, been a few months since made a soap and thought this would be a good challenge.
18. Bubz
19. therealshari
20. katili

Thank you!
I have been going through all the things that had to be moved from my parents' home after they passed away and in there is a cedar chest that my mom painted that shade of green. LOL.

My mom was the queen of paint and wallpaper!

The FO did great in my cold process goat milk soap. I had absolutely no acceleration and no discoloring. I was a little hesitant to get anything with "rose" in the name. I love real roses, but haven't been a fan of "rose" scents. They (all florals in general) are usually overwhelming to me (and my asthma). This mix I actually am okay with. I don't LOVE it, but I don't dislike it either, if that makes sense. My young adult daughter thought it had hints of cucumber in it. I don't smell that at all, but... :) My scent choices tend to be more in line with light forest types, but I have several customers who I know will appreciate this particular one.
I'll have to get a sample of this to see if I like it. I've been trying to find a jasmine scent that doesn't rice or accelerate.

Latest posts

Back