Quantcast

Soap Inspiration Pictures (non soap)

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So lately every time I see something beautiful I think “SOAP”! And I start trying to figure out how I can replicate or reflect the image, or the thing, in soap. Thought maybe some of you probably do that too. I don’t always know a technique that exists until I start looking. Here’s a couple.

Trying to figure out a bird of some kind, preferably an eagle.

Attachments

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So lately every time I see something beautiful I think “SOAP”! And I start trying to figure out how I can replicate or reflect the image, or the thing, in soap. Thought maybe some of you probably do that too. I don’t always know a technique that exists until I start looking. Here’s a couple.

Trying to figure out a bird of some kind, preferably an eagle.
I have a similar eagle eainspiration photo for a soap I planned, but have not yet made.
View media item 2031
I actually made a sunflower soap once, it was fun, but I am going to have to try again, because the flowers weren't 'good enough' to share here, as I don't see them in my album here at SMF, although they are still in my files on my computer. I may have to try that again sometime. But here's a cool sunflower cake photo from one of our visits to NYC (pardon the HDR manipulation; I can't seem to find the original photo ATM):

1600059533560.png

Nope, here it is:
1600059733154.png

Yeah, I did use that photo as my inspiration. I see the petal colors in the soap, but the brown center turned grey for some reason.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a similar eagle eainspiration photo for a soap I planned, but have not yet made.
View media item 2031
I actually made a sunflower soap once, it was fun, but I am going to have to try again, because the flowers weren't 'good enough' to share here, as I don't see them in my album here at SMF, although they are still in my files on my computer. I may have to try that again sometime. But here's a cool sunflower cake photo from one of our visits to NYC (pardon the HDR manipulation; I can't seem to find the original photo ATM):

View attachment 49551

Nope, here it is:
View attachment 49552

Yeah, I did use that photo as my inspiration. I see the petal colors in the soap, but the brown center turned grey for some reason.
I’m starting to dabble in soap dough and thinking about how I can use it to achieve some of these designs, or even essence of the design.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Kantorova (on IG) uses stencils + carving blades to carve out the design on the face of the soap, and then fill it in with soap dough. Here is one of hers that I really like: Peacock soap

Latest posts