Soap Inspiration Pictures (non soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So lately every time I see something beautiful I think “SOAP”! And I start trying to figure out how I can replicate or reflect the image, or the thing, in soap. Thought maybe some of you probably do that too. I don’t always know a technique that exists until I start looking. Here’s a couple.

Trying to figure out a bird of some kind, preferably an eagle.

Attachments

• 83896BB4-5B31-4BB6-9A9C-76AC5BB0FD88.png
    83896BB4-5B31-4BB6-9A9C-76AC5BB0FD88.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 8A015C92-95F8-4AF2-A8DE-F376BD3329E8.png
    8A015C92-95F8-4AF2-A8DE-F376BD3329E8.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 630F048C-AF1D-4B31-9F58-E4CBE5B83D17.jpeg
    630F048C-AF1D-4B31-9F58-E4CBE5B83D17.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
  • C97F2DBF-E74A-49E9-B9B3-D1DBC649AB15.jpeg
    C97F2DBF-E74A-49E9-B9B3-D1DBC649AB15.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 6
So lately every time I see something beautiful I think “SOAP”! And I start trying to figure out how I can replicate or reflect the image, or the thing, in soap. Thought maybe some of you probably do that too. I don’t always know a technique that exists until I start looking. Here’s a couple.

Trying to figure out a bird of some kind, preferably an eagle.

I have a similar eagle eainspiration photo for a soap I planned, but have not yet made.
View media item 2031
I actually made a sunflower soap once, it was fun, but I am going to have to try again, because the flowers weren't 'good enough' to share here, as I don't see them in my album here at SMF, although they are still in my files on my computer. I may have to try that again sometime. But here's a cool sunflower cake photo from one of our visits to NYC (pardon the HDR manipulation; I can't seem to find the original photo ATM):

1600059533560.png

Nope, here it is:
1600059733154.png

Yeah, I did use that photo as my inspiration. I see the petal colors in the soap, but the brown center turned grey for some reason.

I have a similar eagle eainspiration photo for a soap I planned, but have not yet made.
View media item 2031
I actually made a sunflower soap once, it was fun, but I am going to have to try again, because the flowers weren't 'good enough' to share here, as I don't see them in my album here at SMF, although they are still in my files on my computer. I may have to try that again sometime. But here's a cool sunflower cake photo from one of our visits to NYC (pardon the HDR manipulation; I can't seem to find the original photo ATM):

View attachment 49551

Nope, here it is:
View attachment 49552

Yeah, I did use that photo as my inspiration. I see the petal colors in the soap, but the brown center turned grey for some reason.
I’m starting to dabble in soap dough and thinking about how I can use it to achieve some of these designs, or even essence of the design.

“Sometimes I dream about the sea. For past 6 years every summer I spent in wonderland of Greenland. We bring two boats with red sails and organize most beautiful photography cruises among icebergs, tiny colorful Inuit villages under the midnight sun. This idea started long ago, when I wished to show the scale of massive ice towers of Greenland, it's ice castles and arches. And idea of scarlet sails is actually lays even deeper beyond that. It lays in a book named "Crimson sails".
Crimson Sails is a classic adventure tale of love and hope in the beauty of one's dreams. It was written by Russian writer Alexander Grin. Later the idea of a huge annual festival in Saint Petersburg was based on this novel. "Scarlet Sails" is an annual citywide celebration in honour of school graduates in Saint Petersburg, a unique international event. Please watch collection of my images from various years of my most favorite ever photography workshop:”

Attachments

• 8824CB55-38E7-4723-B46D-5AE36C286E43.jpeg
    8824CB55-38E7-4723-B46D-5AE36C286E43.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5
@TashaBird wonderfull pics! My insparation is instagram. Unfortunately, i`m very bad with colours, the most of my solid soaps turned into one colour when i try make some more 🤬. So now and then i`m lucky and get sometimes what i wont.

@TashaBird wonderfull pics! My insparation is instagram. Unfortunately, i`m very bad with colours, the most of my solid soaps turned into one colour when i try make some more 🤬. So now and then i`m lucky and get sometimes what i wont.
I’m mesmerized by that red sail boat and the reflection on the water. I may have to give that one a try.

Image-1001.jpg

Mrs. Zing is an incredible photographer and showed this to me today even tho' it's an old photo. We love living near this beautiful boulevard (Chicagoese) or as they say here, "parkway" (Minneapolisese, [who drives on a "park" way?!])

I would love to make a soap inspired by this and wish I could channel Tree Marie! Maybe I'll settle for an in-the-pot swirl using the colors.

View attachment 60913
Mrs. Zing is an incredible photographer and showed this to me today even tho' it's an old photo. We love living near this beautiful boulevard (Chicagoese) or as they say here, "parkway" (Minneapolisese, [who drives on a "park" way?!])

I would love to make a soap inspired by this and wish I could channel Tree Marie! Maybe I'll settle for an in-the-pot swirl using the colors.
Gorgeous photo! I’d love to do a road or pathway some day. Probably with scrapers upside down, I think? Thanks for bumping this thread too! The above iceberg with the red sail boat has been on my mind. I just got some extruder discs to make a sail boat. 🤔

I'd love to reproduce this

That image reminds me of the videos I've seen of holographic chocolate.

It's a real, edible thing made by moulding a texture on the surface, which reflects light in a way which will create the holographic effect, and I suspect the technique might even work with soap... 🤔

Back