Soap for back acne

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister has suffered with back acne all her life. I made her pine tar and she has stopped breaking out. She also says that she hasn't had ingrown hairs from shaving since using pine tar soap. That is all she ever uses now.

My daughter with cystic acne can only use pine tar soap. My other daughter that fights adult acne uses only salt bars that have some neem added and cannot use pine tar. One just has to experiment to find the best solution. Sometimes alternating a couple different soaps helps. I am also getting ready to make my daughter some pine tar with sulfur, since she does well with sulfur

You can experiment with both salts. Just to give you a heads up-- check your humidity at home. I added Pink Hamalayan Salt on the top of my bars and it created a small pool on the top of my bars. At first I thought my low sweat embeds were the problem but nooo lol.

Also have you tried African Black Soap? Does wonderful things with acne, eczema, etc. Safe for the face and all skin types. You can try adding some to your soap recipe or cut off small chunks and use it for personal use. I hope this helps!

I have tried brine bars with pink himalayan salt. I think I dont dissolve them all that well. Still hurts when use it on body lol. Ive been using handmade soap for almost a year now. And my own handmade soaps for about 4months. I dont know its my soap or what, my back acne is just getting worse. Hopefully the brine bars help. And im getting some pine tar soaps

Have you tried moisturising alongside washing? I found my face acne improved drastically when I started moisturising it properly every day as my skin was being dried out by all the washing. Also acne can be caused by an allergy to something so it may be caused by that.

A family member had severe back acne. Her dermatologist told her to scrub her back hard with something more exfoliating than a wash cloth. Then to apply some sort of astringent after each shower. It worked wonders for her. Not sure it's good advice...just passing on info from a dermatologist. :)

Thank you for the info. I cannot find any pine tar here though :(

I don't know where you live, but I can find pine tar at the following places: the local farm cooperative, the local sporting goods stores, and Amazon.com. Just be sure it is 100% pine tar without funky additives.

I have many people come back for a bar I make with aloe, activated charcoal, kaolin clay, cedarwood, tea tree and lavender. I sell it to several people in 3lb loaves.

Latest posts

Back