Soap cutter review... Totally WASTED my money.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
So after waiting two long weeks meanwhile my 10 soap loafs are getting harder and harder... I finally got my cutter today only to be grossly disappointed :twisted: im so upset I could just throw it out the window.

It's no wonder they barely show you any pictures of the cutter before you buy it. I got it today all bubble wrapped nicely. First thing I noticed was the strings arent the smooth guitar strings like my other one has. they are textured so i didnt like that right off the bat. I sat down to tighten the strings because they came all loose. I know what kind of tightness is good for cutting my soaps and well, I couldnt even get close to that range before the **** wire broke. Trust me, it wasnt even that tight, it's the bad design that doesnt allow for even tightening so just ONE wire gets tight while the rest stay loose (to a degree). So after spending a half hour and ripping a nail I finally got it put back together and ready to cut.

Still too lose but i didnt want to risk breaking another wire. I put on one of my softest logs I made last night on the cutter (for one its too short to even cut through a whole log) but what i noticed next really sucked! The cutter wont even clear my 3" soap log! So I scooted it toward the center without any support of the side so now I have to worry about these round logs not cutting straight, a problem that dosent exhist with my other cutter. I cut through it but it was a joke, The design is so bad that the log starts to roll and there's no where to put your hands to even help it along. I didnt achieve a clean cut and the last crappy thing is that once you barely cut through, your soaps are pratically stuck in the cutter because ther's no room to get them out! I am totally discusted. Now I need to go spend another $150 after shipping and get one from Bud on Etsy, meanwhile waiting another two weeks for arrival at best. Im going to try to send this back, if they dont agree then I will never give them my business again. thank you for allowing me to vent. I DO NOT recommend this cutter unless you need kindling to start a fire.

Ahh that really stinks! So sorry. I too want one from bud and been drooling or months over his cutter. Return it and threaten to notify etsy of his shoddy merchandise. Did you use paypal? Paypal is usually pretty fair of returning items and returning your money though sometimes it takes awhile. :(

Ahh that really stinks! So sorry. I too want one from bud and been drooling or months over his cutter. Return it and threaten to notify etsy of his shoddy merchandise. Did you use paypal? Paypal is usually pretty fair of returning items and returning your money though sometimes it takes awhile. :(
I bought it through soap-making-resource. I cant recall if I used Paypal. I just left an email explaining the situation. It really sucks because I have all these soap logs that really need cutting, they are just getting harder and harder. I was so looking forward to spending a quiet night cutting soap and sharing pictures. :yawn:

I'm so sorry. It really sounds like a miserable pain in your butt. Can you please tell us the name of this cutter or post a picture so we don't make the same mistake?

I hope you can get your money back.

absolutely! Here it is *grumbles*

P4050002.jpg

P4050003.jpg

P4050004.jpg

P4050006.jpg

I'm so sorry. It really sounds like a miserable pain in your butt. Can you please tell us the name of this cutter or post a picture so we don't make the same mistake?

I hope you can get your money back.
I hope so too. I cant afford to make another mistake like this.

I really hope that you can get your money back. I am sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Thank you for sharing though and letting other people be warned about it.

I really hope that you can get your money back. I am sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Thank you for sharing though and letting other people be warned about it.
Your welcome, I didnt want to rant but I wanted you all to know my experience so you dont have to go through it EVER lol! I just ordered the one I shoud have ordered to begin with from Bud on Etsy. It says it could take up to 1-2 weeks to ship so that is disappointing because I need it nooooow! I thought waiting 3 weeks to cut my soaps was testing my patience. I cant imagine waiting another 2+ weeks. They will be rocks by then :sad:

Well good luck getting a hold of anyone over there. I ordered my soap beveler from them a week ago and no shipping notification and no return email asking the status of my order. Oh and the steve@soap-making-resource is apparently an invalid email account, so don't try it.

So sorry to hear you went through this. I wondered about that one, I didn't like it because the cut pieces are off center. It seems weird that it doesn't go all the way to the end. They better give you your money back. In the meantime, would it be a huge waste to cut your soaps on your other cutter? It's not ideal but would it be better then maybe not being able to cut through them at all when your new new cutter arrives? *hugs*

Well good luck getting a hold of anyone over there. I ordered my soap beveler from them a week ago and no shipping notification and no return email asking the status of my order. Oh and the steve@soap-making-resource is apparently an invalid email account, so don't try it.
Are you serious? When I placed my order, a whole week went by before it said "shipped" i was like what's the hold up? Then another week before I actually recieved it. If I dont hear back from anyone by tomorrow night, I will resort to calling the number provided. *sigh*

Oh I am so sorry about your cutter. I don't know what you were using before but your soaps looked wonderful and the same width. Is it possible to use the old one so your soaps are not too hard to cut? I know it's extremely difficult to wait for Bud to make the cutter, I was a soaping fool and had to wait and wait. :( My fault- I should have ordered much sooner bu,t like you didnt want to spend the $$$. I love my cutter from Bud. You won't be disappointed:)

Yeah, I ordered a small order of stuff from him and it took *forever* to get here. It took so long, in fact, that I filed thru paypal for a refund! I emailed him several times with absolutely no response and then...the emails wouldn't even go thru. I contacted paypal and filed a non-receipt claim in which the seller has x amount of days to give them a tracking number. Well, apparently Im not the only one he doesn't respond to because he never filed the tracking number so I got my money back...and weeks later my package arrived.

Im sorry your cutter is a piece of junk. It looks really cool in the pic, too bad it's non functional!

So sorry to hear you went through this. I wondered about that one, I didn't like it because the cut pieces are off center. It seems weird that it doesn't go all the way to the end. They better give you your money back. In the meantime, would it be a huge waste to cut your soaps on your other cutter? It's not ideal but would it be better then maybe not being able to cut through them at all when your new new cutter arrives? *hugs*
Thank you ((hugs back)) :) ya, its a weird design all around. I had a gutt feeling about it because they dont show real detailed pictures of what you are getting. Im gonna go out to the garage and grab my original handmade cutter. It has a one inch stopping point on it, I just have to cut with a knife which I really dont like because it sticks. I think I will have to resort to it because I really dont want to cut them in 1 1/4" because that would totally defeat the purpose of making them smaller. Im gonna grab the other one right now and give it a shot.

It does look nice and it really is a shame it's not a good cutter. Don't you hate it when you buy something with just that tiny little inkling in the back of your mind that says "don't do it, it's no good" and that stupid inkling ends up being right? I've wanted a tank cutter for a while and once I get a bigger mold I'm going to have to break down and get one (ack! the $$$) but I also want that guillotine cutter from Bud too. I'd love to do some fairs etc and have my CP soaps all pre-cut and wrapped and cut M&P on site with that guillotine cutter. I think it would be a good show lol.

I wish I could get one, too. I've run into some problems with the one I have. Unless I have flat tops on my soap, it's almost impossible to get an even cut :(

It does look nice and it really is a shame it's not a good cutter. Don't you hate it when you buy something with just that tiny little inkling in the back of your mind that says "don't do it, it's no good" and that stupid inkling ends up being right? I've wanted a tank cutter for a while and once I get a bigger mold I'm going to have to break down and get one (ack! the $$$) but I also want that guillotine cutter from Bud too. I'd love to do some fairs etc and have my CP soaps all pre-cut and wrapped and cut M&P on site with that guillotine cutter. I think it would be a good show lol.
Yes, I should have gone with my gut. Only reason why I ordered this one was because if my order totalled over $200 I got free shipping. Bud's was the same price plus $20 to ship. Now if im lucky to be able to send it back, i'm sure it will cost at least $20 to return ship it. I've looked at the tank but I think I like buds for the cheaper price :oops: oh well, a lesson learned the hard way...

Latest posts

Back