SMF May Challenge- Interpretation, not Imitation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voted even though I didn't feel like I deserved to since I didn't produce an entry this month. Time got away from me but I'm still planning to make the inspiration soap I had in mind for the challenge. Several others picked the same photo I did and I loved seeing how drastically different the end results were. Thanks for hosting newbie!

Have to go to bed now (argh, so annoying that I have to go to bed when you guys seems to wake up : P )

But since it is the 31`st (here it is 1`st of june in 20 mins) I will check tomorrow to see which one of you guys ended up with their soaps on top three!

Night`y Night, don`t let the DOS-bugs bite...

Thank you to everyone who participated

AND

Congratulations to the winners!

1. Saponista
2. mzimm
3. dibbles

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 12.09.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 12.09.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 12.09.34 AM.jpg

It was such a huge stretch to think abstractly while working with very concrete rules of soaping - such a fun effort to try to combine the two when designing this challenge soap!

Well done everyone and a hearty congratulations to the winners!

Oh wow, thank you for the votes everyone. This has really made my day as it was one of the hardest challenges for me to attempt! Yay! All the other entries were fantastic too so well done to everyone :)

I am just about to post this month's challenge so look out for the thread.

Well done everyone! I don't know about the rest of you, but it was wayyyyy too hard to choose just three to vote for. Congrats to Saponista and dibbles, not to mention EVERYONE who entered :clap:
I'm beyond honored to be among you all.

What a great way to start my morning! Thanks everyone! Congratulations to Saponista and mzimm. It was fun to see the unique interpretations made for this challenge, including the ones not entered.

Thank you Newbie!

I also just realised I forgot to say Thank you to newbie for hosting. I thought this was a great challenge, took me right out of my comfort zone and was really different. Would love to do some more inspiration challenges in the future.

Congrats to everyone who participated and especially to the winners!

Beautiful craftsmanship. Such lovely entries on a challenging task. Congratulations!

Back