SMF Challenge October 2023: Ciaglia/Plain Straight Line

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sorry I didn’t see this earlier, but I’ll answer in case you haven’t already made your soap. I would add the colloidal oats to your oils and blend before adding the shreds or lye. You will want to blend your shreds in the oils to get them small. At that point if you are worried about the oils being too cool, you can gently warm them before adding the lye solution. I usually soap around 90 and didn’t find that to be too cool.
Thank-you I'm just about to start making my soap as soon as I'm finished this movie I'm watching. That's a great idea I will just warm up my oils again if they cool to much I didn't think of that lol 😂.

Well it's finally done I just finished making my very first Ciaglia soap and I just popped it in to my oven. I'm so happy I was feeling good enough to get it done on time for the challenge. I hope it turns out nice. I had to hold my breath for a minute because I got scared when I first dumped the shreds in my oils it seemed like there was way to much but once I started blending them in, it was fine and a pretty good consistently I think. I can't wait to cut it tomorrow 🙈. Well I better go to bed now 🥱.

Hi @not_ally I was just busy washing soapy dishes from last night. Thank you so much for the compliment! I have spent a lot of time effort and money into this hobby that I adore so much. In fact my family hated it at first because they thought I was obsessed (which I am lol😂) but they have come to realize it's good for me to have a hobby I love so much plus nobody in my family has to buy soap anymore lol and they are becoming alot more supportive. I had to try Holly's soap 3 times to get it right lol. But I'm really glad you entered the challenge this month and I can't wait to see your soap. 🥰

I have spent a lot of time effort and money into this hobby that I adore so much.
I know what you mean. I was looking at the "storing soap after cure" thread and thinking of how expensive baseball card boxes are, just to store soap. Then looked back over the years and realized it was way too late to be a thrifty soapmaker.

But you know what, in the universe of addictions, making pretty things which smell and feel good and make people happy and clean are not bad ones!

Here’s the sister soap to my entry - made with BB Red Blue Mica with TD and the scent is FB Cherry Champagne.
Thanks for a fun (and slightly stressful) challenge, @KiwiMoose 🥰
IMG_1836.jpeg

@dmcgee5034 wow those soaps are just gorgeous I really love those I wish I could smell them I've been wanting to try some champagne scents from my soap suppliers but the reviews say they speed up trace so I've been to nervous to buy them specially since I'm more into practicing my Swirling right now. I really like the colors too!

wow those soaps are just gorgeous I really love those I wish I could smell them I've been wanting to try some champagne mcgee5034[/USER] scents from my soap suppliers but the reviews say they speed up trace so I've been to nervous to buy them specially since I'm more into practicing my Swirling right now. I really like the colors too!
Brambleberry's Champagne definitely does not speed up trace, it is very well behaved. I like to add a dash to fruity scents, it is like a fizzy accent. It is very strong, though, you have to be sparing or it runs over anything you're blending it with.

@dmcgee5034, I like how your shreds stand out in the mix. I haven't cut mine yet, but I can't even see them in the side of the soap, the colors are not that far apart, I'm afraid that they will just look like stearic spots! Live and learn.

Back