SMF April 2023 Challenge-Faux Funnel Technique Designs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did and do believe that SCC entries with lots of social media buzz were much more likely to do well in the challenge. So as someone not active on those sites, it did feel like a big disadvantage, since my single-photo entry was just buried in the sea of entries. But it could also be that the types of people who are active on social media tend to be the ones who make the most amazing soaps. :)
I agree that the buzz about entries makes a difference. When I keep an eye on the blind challenges, I tend to find new to me winners.

1. AliOop - so many ideas "funneling" through my brain already 😉
2. CreativeWeirdo - Ooo! Ooo! I'm going to try a Pringles can for the first time!
3. The_Phoenix- 👍
4. Catscankim
5. dmcgee5034 - faux funnel fun!
6. The_Emerald_Chicken - Perfect chance to try my new slab mold!
7. McKherring Farm
8. Vicki C.
9. Terri E

I love watching the soap challenge videos. So much talent out there.
There is. When I first started making soap I jumped straight in doing swirls and loads of fragrances but people wasn’t as into it then…. Then I got the devastating news I had to have everything tested before I could sell it scared Me enough that I stopped making for a long time

Thank you 🥰
They are amazing 😻

1. AliOop - so many ideas "funneling" through my brain already 😉
2. CreativeWeirdo - Ooo! Ooo! I'm going to try a Pringles can for the first time!
3. The_Phoenix- 👍
4. Catscankim
7. McKherring Farm
8. Vicki C.
9. Terri E
10. Cindy D. Can't wait to see all the creations!

1. AliOop - so many ideas "funneling" through my brain already
3. The_Phoenix-
4. Catscankim
7. McKherring Farm
8. Vicki C.
9. Terri E
11. CLMP I hope I can do this looks fun!

3. The_Phoenix-
4. Catscankim
7. McKherring Farm
8. Vicki C.
9. Terri E
12. VikingChick - I’ll have time, I have an idea…..now I’ll hope to have the energy!

Arrrrrggghhhh! @VikingChick 13 has always been my spot. Drat! I simple have to enter this one.... and apologies in advance if I let anyone down, I'm already SUPER busy to the point of no soaping for the next little bit, so this will be a labor of love ♥️ and much wine 🍷🍷

3. The_Phoenix-
4. Catscankim
7. McKherring Farm
8. Vicki C.
9. Terri E
12. VikingChick - I’ll have time, I have an idea…..now I’ll hope to have the energy!
13. Ephemerella — already regretting this decision 🍷🍷 but enjoying the extra ration of wine for soothing

@Zing paging Dr. Zing... Dr. Zing your presence is requested on the 14th floor... Dr. Zing.... paging Dr. Zing... 😂

Arrrrrggghhhh! @VikingChick 13 has always been my spot. Drat! I simple have to enter this one.... and apologies in advance if I let anyone down, I'm already SUPER busy to the point of no soaping for the next little bit, so this will be a labor of love ♥️ and much wine 🍷🍷
I’ll trade #13 for some of your wine! 🍷😀

now back to studying what a faux funnel pour is as I'm not sure I quite know what a proper funnel pour is....
A funnel pour is literally pouring batter into one spot in a mold through a funnel. This helps to center the pours. Faux funnel is achieving the same look without the assistance of a funnel. I decided to allow a minimal swirl, if desired, to add to the design of the soap. Just don't forget the picture before any swirling is done. Hope this helps clarify it for you.

A funnel pour is literally pouring batter into one spot in a mold through a funnel. This helps to center the pours. Faux funnel is achieving the same look without the assistance of a funnel. I decided to allow a minimal swirl, if desired, to add to the design of the soap. Just don't forget the picture before any swirling is done. Hope this helps clarify it for you.
Thank you so much! So funnels out, but squeezy bottles like Marie Mousse uses are ok? Thanks again!

3. The_Phoenix-
4. Catscankim
7. McKherring Farm
8. Vicki C.
9. Terri E
13. Ephemerella — already regretting this decision 🍷🍷 but enjoying the extra ration of wine for soothing
14. Mobjack - slipped in a faux funnel pour yesterday - fast and funky

Latest posts

Back