SMF April 2023 Challenge-Faux Funnel Technique Designs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this a few months ago using squeeze bottles. Not a difficult technique, though very important to use a well-behaved fragrance oil and starting at a light trace.
9862D0B7-394E-4CA4-B58A-31536C995ADC.jpeg

I have seen challenges on you tube and wondered how to get involved now I know … I’m definitely going to get posting ready to start challenge next month YouTube videos I’ve been watching lately soap and clay, the Essex soap company and I dream in soap 3 of my favourite very informative happy soaping everyone …… quick question will I be able to view the challenge photos and threads if not taking part ? This would help for when I can take part

I have seen challenges on you tube and wondered how to get involved now I know … I’m definitely going to get posting ready to start challenge next month YouTube videos I’ve been watching lately soap and clay, the Essex soap company and I dream in soap 3 of my favourite very informative happy soaping everyone …… quick question will I be able to view the challenge photos and threads if not taking part ? This would help for when I can take part
Welcome! Yes, you can see the photos and read the tales of creation. :)

I look forward to having you join a SMF challenge. I do want to let you know, though, that at least some the soap challenges you have seen referenced on YouTube are for Amy Warden's Soap Challenge Club. You can find out about them here. Registration for the April challenge will be open through April 10th. I know Lisa from I Dream in Soap usually participates. I am not sure about the others.

I look forward to having you join a SMF challenge. I do want to let you know, though, that at least some the soap challenges you have seen referenced on YouTube are for Amy Warden's Soap Challenge Club. You can find out about them here. Registration for the April challenge will be open through April 10th. I know Lisa from I Dream in Soap usually participates. I am not sure about the others.
I will add that you must pay a registration fee to join the challenges you see on YT that are offered through Amy Warden’s Soap Challenge Club.

All of the challenges here on SMF are free. :)

Wow I’m a bit star struck 🤣😂🤣 I dream in soap is a new one I’ve recently started watching and I’m in awe at the soaps she has created I love ”the scream" it’s amazing 😍

Wow I’m a bit star struck 🤣😂🤣 I dream in soap is a new one I’ve recently started watching and I’m in awe at the soaps she has created I love ”the scream" it’s amazing 😍
Just to be clear, Lisa isn’t a participant here on SMF, as far as I know. She participates in the other challenge mentioned above by @dibbles and by me. That is completely different than what is offered here. :)

I will add that you must pay a registration fee to join the challenges you see on YT that are offered through Amy Warden’s Soap Challenge Club.

All of the challenges here on SMF are free. :)
although they are amazing i will be very happy to join this one because I’ve actually been using this site since 2017 for answers to questions I never felt that I was good enough to comment but recently I have been seeing a lot of new people joining and asking questions one not getting hate or belittled and I like that ,and that’s what I would like to be part of 😍

@Tmwmo5 I hope you do join the challenges here when you are able. I became aware of the Soap Challenge Club (Amy Warden's) when I was pretty new to soaping. I put joining a challenge on my bucket list, but was very intimidated to actually put myself 'out there' and actually do it. When the challenges started here (at SMF), I tried one when I met the requirements. It was so much fun, and gave me the courage to try one of the SCC challenges. I have found that the soap making community here and at the SCC is very kind and encouraging. I often do both of the challenges now if I have the time.

@Tmwmo5 I hope you do join the challenges here when you are able. I became aware of the Soap Challenge Club (Amy Warden's) when I was pretty new to soaping. I put joining a challenge on my bucket list, but was very intimidated to actually put myself 'out there' and actually do it. When the challenges started here (at SMF), I tried one when I met the requirements. It was so much fun, and gave me the courage to try one of the SCC challenges. I have found that the soap making community here and at the SCC is very kind and encouraging. I often do both of the challenges now if I have the time.
That’s like me I’ve been too scared to join I like making my soaps and other stuff I even make the boxes for them 🤣 I’m generally not very adventurous with them and I think this is the perfect opportunity for me to explore what I’m capable of. Do you have a YT channel I would love to see some of your creations 😁

That’s like me I’ve been too scared to join I like making my soaps and other stuff I even make the boxes for them 🤣 I’m generally not very adventurous with them and I think this is the perfect opportunity for me to explore what I’m capable of. Do you have a YT channel I would love to see some of your creations 😁
I’m also gonna have to find a good soap recipe that’s gonna be easy to pour 😂 doing small batches I can actually mix mine with a spatula to trace and it moves quickly … I think back to the basics with a simple 3 oil base 🤣😂🤣

I don't have a YT channel. I do have a media album here on SMF where I post some of my soaps.

Joining a challenge is definitely a way to improve your skills. I've used the analogy of joining a book club. You are learning something along with others and sharing the experience.

I don't have a YT channel. I do have a media album here on SMF where I post some of my soaps.

Joining a challenge is definitely a way to improve your skills. I've used the analogy of joining a book club. You are learning something along with others and sharing the experience.
Where would I find this album?

although they are amazing i will be very happy to join this one because I’ve actually been using this site since 2017 for answers to questions I never felt that I was good enough to comment but recently I have been seeing a lot of new people joining and asking questions one not getting hate or belittled and I like that ,and that’s what I would like to be part of 😍
I know exactly what you mean! I used to be on FB but got tired of the rudeness, drama, and frankly, bad information that was passed around.

I stay off most social media these days, which is really the only reason that Amy Warden's Soap Challenge Club isn't a good fit for me, as their challenges strongly encourage use of social media as part of their process. There is nothing wrong with that per se, but SMF's easy-going approach and friendly atmosphere is more encouraging and appealing for me and how I roll. ;)

I stay off most social media these days, which is really the only reason that Amy Warden's Soap Challenge Club isn't a good fit for me, as their challenges strongly encourage use of social media as part of their process. There is nothing wrong with that per se, but SMF's easy-going approach and friendly atmosphere is more encouraging and appealing for me and how I roll. ;)
I just want to clarify something you may be misunderstanding. Use of social media is only encouraged so that a link to IG, FB, YT or Pinterest gives the maker an opportunity to add an explanation of their process, inspiration, etc. Here, the entry thread allows for that. With the SCC, the entries are only one submitted photo with the option to add a link for more information. I don't do much social media either, other than a link on IG for the SCC. My FB page is private and Pinterest drove me crazy so I don't ever go there any more. Granted, a lot of the makers that participate in the SCC also sell, and post content around their various attempts - they need to put out content frequently. I can assure anyone who is wondering that the SCC is nothing but respectful, kind, helpful and encouraging to everyone who participates.

I just want to clarify something you may be misunderstanding. Use of social media is only encouraged so that a link to IG, FB, YT or Pinterest gives the maker an opportunity to add an explanation of their process, inspiration, etc. Here, the entry thread allows for that. With the SCC, the entries are only one submitted photo with the option to add a link for more information. I don't do much social media either, other than a link on IG for the SCC. My FB page is private and Pinterest drove me crazy so I don't ever go there any more. Granted, a lot of the makers that participate in the SCC also sell, and post content around their various attempts - they need to put out content frequently. I can assure anyone who is wondering that the SCC is nothing but respectful, kind, helpful and encouraging to everyone who participates.
Thank you for clarifying all that, @dibbles. 100% I agree that the SCC is a wonderful group with very positive vibes. My comments about negativity were really about FB, and definitely should not be attributed to SCC.

I did and do believe that SCC entries with lots of social media buzz were much more likely to do well in the challenge. So as someone not active on those sites, it did feel like a big disadvantage, since my single-photo entry was just buried in the sea of entries. But it could also be that the types of people who are active on social media tend to be the ones who make the most amazing soaps. :)

Last edited:
I love watching the soap challenge videos. So much talent out there.

Latest posts

Back