Silver or grey color soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
How can I make a silver colored soap or a light shade of grey would be acceptible? My base recipe uncolored is a very, very light shade of a pale yellow. Thanks in advance.

Bruce

mmm - the mix of light gray and yelllowish doesn't sound promising. but you can try using powdered activated charcoal.

I have had success with black oxide and TD , it made me a very nice light gray , I added sun pearl silver mica to give it some shimmer.
I added the black first and then the TD a bit at a time ,to get the shade I was going for , swirled with some of the sunpearl silver mica. My base recipe is not white .

HTH

Kitn

I just made grey soap (not on purpose) I added a little alkanet to the olive oil and a good helping of dead sea mud.

Kitn said:
I have had success with black oxide and TD , it made me a very nice light gray , I added sun pearl silver mica to give it some shimmer.
I added the black first and then the TD a bit at a time ,to get the shade I was going for , swirled with some of the sunpearl silver mica. My base recipe is not white .

HTH

Kitn

That sound's absolutely lovely!!

Lavender ultramarine, used in small amounts, turns grey, as does blue 1.

Latest posts

Back