Silicone Soap molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a 5lb silicone liner and I rarely ever get bubbles. I love mine, got it from brambleberry and my husband made wood molds for them to fit into with lids.

I have couple of them. I've just used them twice, but so far...I LOVE them. Soap unmolds easily, and clean up is fast and easy and even the end pieces look decent.

I have a green Crafters Choice molds, 2 knockoff loaf molds from Bebe collections, 1 5lb mold/box from Nurture soap supplies, and 2 BB silicone liners.

My fave is probably the Nurture mold. It's really sturdy. The BB molds are really shiny on the inside, so soap never sticks, while the Nurture mold may have minor sticking sometimes. But, the BB molds are thin and really floppy, so I have to tape them to my mold before pouring, or I make a mess!
The small loaf molds stick unless I gel, or grease it with vaseline. But if you're just starting out, you can't beat the price of the Bebe molds!

I use a 5lb silicone liner and I rarely ever get bubbles. I love mine, got it from brambleberry and my husband made wood molds for them to fit into with lids.

What bubbles?? Do they have a 3 lb silicone mold?? How do the bubbles get in there?

Some get little air bubble looking spots on the outside when they CPOP. I think they have a 2 or 3 lb but you might need to check. I don't CPOP but if it gets too hot when it gels I get a few. No biggie though.

I have a couple of the ones that dixiedrgon mentioned, I just use them when I have a goat milk soap that I don't want to gel. I chill them ahead of time and put in the fridge.
I was using the floppy liners from Bramble Berry, and for the price they are great. My new favorite mold is the large wooden mold with silicone liner from WSP. The liner is super heavy, and no more floppy edges. But I wish they would make one that is about half the size. I use about 68 ounces of oil for it, I like the height it is 3 1/8" tall, so my tops don't get messed up.

I have a couple of the ones that dixiedrgon mentioned, I just use them when I have a goat milk soap that I don't want to gel. I chill them ahead of time and put in the fridge.
I was using the floppy liners from Bramble Berry, and for the price they are great. My new favorite mold is the large wooden mold with silicone liner from WSP. The liner is super heavy, and no more floppy edges. But I wish they would make one that is about half the size. I use about 68 ounces of oil for it, I like the height it is 3 1/8" tall, so my tops don't get messed up.

Oliveoil, I was looking at those molds and wondered if anyone had and used them. Is that 68 oz of total lye/water and oil or just the oils??

No it is 68 oz of oils, and that leaves a 1/4" space at the top, which for me is perfect. The photos don't really do the mold or liner justice, it is much nicer than it looks. The wood is very nicely finished, and the liner itself weighs about 3 lbs.
That is why one half that size would be great for many people. I like the bigger batches, and get 15 bars using a 1.25" cutter.

I have a Woodfield's 2.8 lb. silicone liner with its accompanying lidded wood mold (holds 45 oz. oil) with which I am totally in love. I've had it for a year and it gives me great batches every time.

And I have two 4 to 6 lb. silicone log molds from Essential Depot with the accompanying metal cages that act as braces for them. These are new molds for me and I have only used one of them once, so far.

I'm curious about the bubbling that has been mentioned, because the one and only soap that I made with the ED silicone mold ended up with tiny air bubbles on the edges of the bars (which planed off nicely). I thought it was probably just because it gelled too hot, or I didn't bang all the air bubbles out or something, but since they planed off so nicely I didn't give it any further thought.

But now that this bubbling occurrence is being mentioned here as a somewhat (maybe) common phenomenon, I wonder if the type of silicone that the molds are made of might have something to with it? I mention this because I've never ended up with any bubbling like that in my batches made with my Woodfield's silicone mold. Upon inspection (I looked just now out of curiosity), the silicone material of my Woodfield's feels different from the silicone material of my ED molds. And I don't know if it matters much or not, but I just thought I'd toss in there that the color is different, too. My Woodfield's is a lovely shade of Pepto Bismol pink, while my ED molds are the natural/white kind.

Hmmm... looks like I need to make another batch in my ED mold and see if the bubble phenomenon is repeatable.

IrishLass :)

I have a Woodfield's 2.8 lb. silicone liner with its accompanying lidded wood mold (holds 45 oz. oil) with which I am totally in love. I've had it for a year and it gives me great batches every time.

And I have two 4 to 6 lb. silicone log molds from Essential Depot with the accompanying metal cages that act as braces for them. These are new molds for me and I have only used one of them once, so far.

I'm curious about the bubbling that has been mentioned, because the one and only soap that I made with the ED silicone mold ended up with tiny air bubbles on the edges of the bars (which planed off nicely). I thought it was probably just because it gelled too hot, or I didn't bang all the air bubbles out or something, but since they planed off so nicely I didn't give it any further thought.

But now that this bubbling occurrence is being mentioned here as a somewhat (maybe) common phenomenon, I wonder if the type of silicone that the molds are made of might have something to with it? I mention this because I've never ended up with any bubbling like that in my batches made with my Woodfield's silicone mold. Upon inspection (I looked just now out of curiosity), the silicone material of my Woodfield's feels different from the silicone material of my ED molds. And I don't know if it matters much or not, but I just thought I'd toss in there that the color is different, too. My Woodfield's is a lovely shade of Pepto Bismol pink, while my ED molds are the natural/white kind.

Hmmm... looks like I need to make another batch in my ED mold and see if the bubble phenomenon is repeatable.

IrishLass :)

Well, I decided to order a 5lb wooden mold from the Hoeggers Supply company. lol I guess I will stick with lining them a little while longer.

Latest posts

Back