Show us your airing cupboard

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you find your soap cures ok in the box's or is this for soap supplies?.
I need organizing for ALL of my soap supplies! Soaps are only one part, because there are the base oils, the molds, the finishing equipment, more molds, essential oils, and a basement that is prone to flooding before it runs out the basement door. I also have a huge amount of dichroic glass supplies as well as other crafting/sewing supplies. I am utterly overwhelmed!

Are these high quality Stainless Steel shelving? If not, I would recommend placing a liner on the metal as a buffer against DOS before stacking your soap on the shelves. My racks like that came with plastic liners, but you can also use plastic crafter's mesh (like for needlepoint) or other types of lining that lifts the bar up off the metal and still allows for airflow.
They may not be? I’m not sure yet. I was hoping to allow the soap to air from underneath as well but maybe a liner will turn out to be better? Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep an eye on it!

They may not be? I’m not sure yet. I was hoping to allow the soap to air from underneath as well but maybe a liner will turn out to be better? Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep an eye on it!

If you use plastic mesh as your liner, the soaps will have air flow beneath without touching metal.

Back